While we were waiting for our belongings the first weekend in Rogers, we took a trip around Beaver Lake (a big reservoir near our home). We stopped at a few campgrounds that led us to believe our hotel loving tushes could handle a night under a tent with campfire crackling. Finally, we ended up at the Beaver Dam. Below is a male focused family moment that we encountered under the dam.
Dad and the boys down by the riverside.
(All those BYU fans out there just know that David is a Y grad! Heather is embarrassed to go out with such a non-loyal alumni!)
Heather and Porter came too. Don't ask me why I wasn't holding Porter in the last picture. It's a little suspicious but I plead the 5th!
When we stepped down on the pebbled beach of the river I got a tear in my eye and decided to pick up a few flat rocks and teach my boys the age old joy of throwing rocks in a river. Every boy needs to throw a few skimmers in the river with dad. I loved throwing skimmers into Jenny Lake (Grand Teton NP) with Grandpa Alsop when I was a boy.
You might think Heather is checking out our tushes with this picture, but to clarify... we are picking up the rocks for the event! Heather picked this photo for the blog! ;)
Such a simple joy, such an enjoyed pleasure it is to pick out the perfect rock, flick it in the river, watch the glass ripples expand and then turn to see a 4 and a 2 year-old boy and see their gut wrenching laughter. I may be weird but there is something so special about uncomplicated, unwired, unforced, unwrapped, unfabricated fun. Just chuckin skimmers with the boys.
Three boys, three skims and three big-ole smiles
Heather is standing on the perfect lake-side campsite. Us camping wimps are committed to camping this year. Once or twice, at least.
4 Alsop boys really love one girl! We love our mom and our Heather! She loves Northwest Arkansas!
Joey is going to be so proud when he sees david in the U sweatshirt! Now I would pay anyone 20 bucks to see if they could get joe in a BYU sweatshirt!
ReplyDelete