This is what it looked like out our front door this morning.
I have been told by neighbors that Arkansas usually receives about 4 inches of snow a year.
Many don't even own a snow shovel. I watched a neighbor shovel today with a big plastic storage bin.
Hey, whatever works.
For a place that usually doesn't get much snow, it's a little strange that this is the third snowstorm since we have been here. We have been asked by many if we brought the Chicago snow with us.
Hmm....seems like it.
School was cancelled all last week due to 5-8 inches of snow. There are so few plows here that everything shuts down.
I'm talking everything...restaurants, stores, doctor's offices, government offices...the works. And if you are ever in doubt...no worries...the closings are posted in a continuous running stream at the bottom of your TV...all day long.
What a funny place we moved to.
We love it, though!
So, today we received a foot and a half of snow.
It was actually fun to be out with the neighbors shoveling with the friendly chit-chat and laughter of children (and adults).
Our cars have been waiting for a nice warm spot in the garage.
Unfortunately, there is still some unpacking to do!
We are hoping to have our garage emptied before the next storm hits.
The view from our open back door.
Lots of snow drifts.
The shoveling begins.
Luke was dying to help.
He told me it was really hard.
I hear ya, kiddo!
Caden, just checking it all out.
Digging out.
More digging.
The wall of snow at the end of the drive will have to wait until another day.
This pile too.
It makes me tired just thinking about it..
Holy Cow!! Are you sure you didn't move back to CO and didn't tell me? That's crazy, though it is funny that they cancel EVERYTHING for a little bit of snow. I remember being a kid in Mississippi and loving the 'snow days' when we got 1/2 an inch!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I was feeling bad for you because you missed out on the big snow storm here, but you got one there anyway! Another foot or two and it would have been the same. :) Have fun digging out - kids here enjoyed the two snow days we got, but that's all. They would have loved a week!
ReplyDeleteWow. Is it a little silly that I am JEALOUS of how much snow Arkansas is getting?! We live in UTAH!!! We are supposed to have snow and we don't!! I can't believe how much you guys got! That is nuts!
ReplyDelete