Family

Family

September 7, 2016

Summer Fun Fridays 2016

The kids loved our Fun Fridays this summer.  They were a bit short-changed as school let out late in Wisconsin and started early in Utah.  We made the most of our Fun Fridays though.  And now they will be out for summer next year before June begins!

Mallards Baseball Game

Our first Fun Friday was a baseball game.




We were having a great time when dark ominous clouds started to roll on in during the 6th inning.


Within minutes, half the crowd got up and left.  David was determined to stick it out.  I wasn't so sure.  When the wind really picked up, they called the game.  With no game to watch, of course we headed to our car as well.  It started raining about 30 seconds before we got to there.  The downpour waited until we were all buckled in. :)



Henry Villas Zoo

The kids always love zoo days.  I love that it is free!  We invited friends, brought lunch and had a grand old time. 









Open Gym at Jump Around Gymnastics

We had a kids gymnastic facility that did "open gym" times twice a week.  It was 5 bucks per kid and they got to play on all of the equipment.  I had known about it for about a year, but didn't know if the boys would like it.  What was I thinking?  They loved it.  Open gym is only 45 minutes, but these boys were beat when they left.




Cradle Hill Park and Splash Pad

We invited friends and went to a splash pad and park in a nearby neighborhood.







We packed a lunch.


And played a little basketball too before heading home.


Movie Day

We went and saw Finding Dory as a family.  Love that this theater has the comfy, reclining seats.



Temple Trip

One of our Fridays ended up being a temple trip in Chicago.  The boys actually like these trips as they get to watch DVD's in the car and they get to do something fun while David and I take turns doing a session in the temple.  The kids went to a forest preserve with David and a park with me.  They love feeding the ducks and geese at the park so we always pack bread or crackers.




We got to see a couple of different duckling families.


Blooming Butterflies at Olbrich Botanical Gardens

This Fun Friday was more of a hit than I expected.  There is a conservatory at the Madison Botanical Gardens that brings in butterflies.  We were able to see butterflies coming out of their chrysalises, butterflies feeding off nectar and free flying butterflies.  Such a fun day.







Sun Prairie Family Aquatic Center

Pool days have always been a stressful events for me as I try to keep my eye on 4 kiddos.  It was not stressful this summer!  It is so fun having boys who can really swim!  Luke and Caden had a blast going down the slides and jumping off the diving boards.  Porter was sad he couldn't follow them, but he needs a bit more skill.  Ryland needs a lot more, but we are going to get there!



Little Amerricka Amusement Park

We promised the kids we wouldn't leave Wisconsin before hitting the amusement park again.  Weather, and a few other things, had not been cooperating, but we finally hit the park 2 weeks before leaving.  It was a beautiful 70 degree, mostly cloudy day.  The sun poked out here and there.  We could not have picked a more perfect day.

We all had a blast, but it seems the best part for everyone were the go-karts.



Lake Wingra

This day started out a bit rough.  We were all grumpy...every last one of us.  We were moving in a week and had much to do.  I knew we couldn't cancel on the kids, as they had talked about this all week, but I really wasn't in the mood to go.  I also thought the kids may not enjoy it.  The last time they were in a kayak (2 years ago) they didn't care for it much.  This time they were going to be helping with the paddling and I had visions of complaints about it being too hard or too tiring.  But we went.  And I am so glad we did!  This is a love of mine.  I am happiest and most at peace while sitting in a kayak.  I so want our kids to share this love and found myself delighted by the pure joy that was dripping off these kids as we kayaked around the lake.  David and I both have a passion for kayaking (he introduced me to it) and it was so fun to watch this passion start to grow in our children.  I was thrilled when Luke declared this "The Best Fun Friday Ever!"


After kayaking, we tested out Stand Up Paddle Boards for the first time as well.  


Everyone loved it.  The kids especially liked that they could swim in the water and climb aboard again when they were done.


The kids are now asking when we can go again.  Yay!




Our last Fun Friday, before school began, happened in Utah.  We played laser tag and then spent time with cousins (it is so fun we can do this now) and ordered pizza.  I didn't end up taking any pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment