School started for Luke and Caden two weeks ago, one week after arriving in Utah. Our kids have experienced quite a bit of change in a very short time frame, but they are all handling it very well.
![]() |
| Luke - 4th Grade Caden - 2nd Grade |
I took the boys to school on the first day. I have never done this before (they always ride the bus), but I had to be at the school with Porter for a kindergarten assessment and I could sense the boys needed a little extra support as they were starting in a new school. I dropped Caden off at his classroom first. He was nervous, but it didn't show. Another mom and student were in the room asking if it was too early for her child to be left in the classroom. The teacher said, no, so after snapping a picture I left Caden and was off to Luke's class.
When I tried to drop off Luke at his classroom we were, apparently, a tad early. All the kids start out on the playground, which I completely forgot. I took Luke out to the older kids' playground and was immediately approached by a staff member who said, "You are new...let me tell you how this works..." She proceeded to tell Luke where his class put their backpacks down (in a neat row) and that he could play until the first bell rang. At the bell, the students grab their backpacks and line up behind their teacher and head inside when directed. He put his backpack down and after a quick glance at me, he was off to the playground.
I then began wondering where Caden's class lined up. I went around to the front of the school and found his line. Oops. We did it right the next day.
The best part about starting in this new school is that it was my school growing up! It was a little weird walking the halls on back to school night. It has been remodeled since I attended here, but it still brought back a flood of memories. I am loving the kids teachers and am glad they are attending this school.
Porter started half-day Kindergarten a week after the big boys. He is in the morning class. This is a change for us as kindergarten has been full-day everywhere else we have lived. Kindergarten had its own special back-to-school day where he got to see his classroom and meet his teacher.
Porter was bummed he had to wait a whole week before he could ride the bus with his brothers, but was glad when it finally came. Ryland will eventually be in preschool (we are waiting for a job before enrolling him), but for now he is at home with me and I am loving it!
![]() |
| Porter - Kindergarten Ryland - Preschool...at some point |
The bus stop is across the street from my parents house (love the location). I am also loving how many kids get on the bus each day! It is so fun to be in a neighborhood with so many children.








No comments:
Post a Comment