Family

Family

September 28, 2016

Porter turns SIX!

Porter had a birthday last month.  He is 6 years old!

The Stats
Weight:  44.8 lbs (41st Percentile)
Height:  46 in. (55th Percentile)




 Porter is in Kindergarten!  He doesn't have homework yet (that starts next month), but he frequently asks if he can do homework.  I wonder how long that will last.

He has a built-in playmate in his little brother. They are good for each other.  As much as I wanted a girl, I find myself glad that he has Ryland.

He is a worker bee.  This boy is a doer and loves to work!  If I need help inside or outside, Porter is always the first to volunteer.

He is our earliest riser.

While he is stubborn and strong-willed, he is also fun, loving, helpful and kind.

His signature move at church (in Wisconsin) was holding doors open for the older ladies in our ward who used walkers or canes.  They loved him!

He recently started showering instead of taking baths!  Just one more kid to go!

He has a good heart.

Not long after his birthday he lost both front teeth.  I pulled one out, he followed suit a couple of minutes later by pulling out the second.  I love that he was so eager to get that second one out because the snaggle-tooth look is not a good one.  I have to say, though, that I am loving his toothless grin.

He loves music.  When this boy needs to calm down or chill out, music is the key.  Works every time.

He learned how to swing (by pumping his legs) a few weeks ago!




His birthday happened to land on Day 2 of our drive to Utah.  Not a great day for a birthday.  We made sure our stop at McDonald's included going inside, a happy meal and ice cream!




Caden's birthday is just a week after Porter's and they asked if they could celebrate together.  All of our kids' birthdays are within 25 days of each other, but I ALWAYS make sure each child has their own special day.  I was happy to oblige them this year by combining the fun!








Luckily, they both wanted the same dessert (caramel brownies with ice cream).
Porter got to blow out his 6 candles on his side of the cake, followed by Caden blowing out his 8 candles.







No comments:

Post a Comment