Family

Family

August 1, 2016

Summer Baseball 2016

Summer baseball just finished up.  Caden played on a Rookie Baseball team this summer and had a great time.  Ever since Caden could walk (he took his first steps just before 18 months old!) he has been a bit of a klutz.  He just can't seem to stay on his feet.  For the life of me, I do not understand why!  We have laughed a lot over this baffling problem.  David and I assumed sports were probably not going to be his thing, but he has proven us wrong.  He is actually quite athletic...as long as he can stay on his feet.  Ha! 




He chose not to play baseball last year, but decided he would play this year.  We are glad he did because he seems to have a knack for it.  It has been fun to watch him enjoy it.  While making this video of him hitting and running bases, I noticed he didn't even touch home plate (I guess we need to work on that) and, true to form, almost didn't stay on his feet running from the home plate to first base!




Porter played T-ball again this summer and had a lot of fun.  David finds t-ball a bit boring, but I happen to really like it.  There is no pressure in t-ball.  I can just sit back and enjoy it.




His running stance in the video kills me.  I also love the personality that came out on third base.



T-ball cracks me up.  The outfield is full of these littles fighting over the ball.  Porter had the ball taken from him many time by his teammates, so he started guarding the ball.  He needed to be reminded here and there that he can't be a ball hog either.



Luke didn't have a great baseball experience last year and opted out this year.  It wasn't long before he regretted his decision, though.  David has worked with him a lot this summer...not having a job has been good in a lot of ways!.  With help from dad, Luke has greatly improved and probably would have done well on a team.


No comments:

Post a Comment