Family

Family

July 30, 2016

Update #1 - Our Big Life Decision



I thought I would give a little update on our life.  I posted in February about the huge life decision we made last November to leave Kraft Heinz and seek employment elsewhere.  I haven't updated before now because there really hasn't been much to update.  In fact, there still isn't a whole lot to update, but for the few who may not know what is currently happening, here it is...  

Originally, David had a job with Kraft Heinz until March 25.  We were starting to get nervous near the end of January when it didn't look like there would be a new job anytime in the near future.  Then, Kraft Heinz asked David if he would be willing to stay through July 1.  It came with a retention bonus and we readily agreed and would have agreed even without the bonus.  We were so grateful for the extra time to look for a job, while still being employed!  Especially because we had already decided we were going to stay until June so the kids could finish out school here.


Well, here we are now at the end of July and in a similar position as we were in January.  Still no job.  The last few months have been filled with ups and downs, but we have no regrets.  We know we made the right decision and are flying high on faith right now.


We put our home up for sale at the beginning of April.  Where we live, the market has been great for sellers.  We interviewed a few realtors before choosing one, but each one believed our home would sell quickly.  They all said they wouldn't be surprised if multiple offers were received within the first 24 hours, with offers above the asking price.  This has been the norm in our area.  My biggest worry was that the future buyers would want to move in sooner than we would like.  Well, our home was on the market for a month, then two, then three months before we got our first offer.  And we ended up having to drop our price twice before we got that one and only offer.  We are glad to have it under contract, even though we are not getting out of it what we put in.  Closing day is August 31.


With no home and no job we are headed to Utah to live with my parents for a time.  Yup, living the dream!  I am feeling bad for my parents as they are about to have a family of 6, that includes 4 crazy boys, land on their doorstep.  Their retired lifestyle is about to become a little hectic.  It must be said that I am SO grateful for this option and their willingness to house us in their basement!  And I am SO excited to be going home to Utah!  I love that place!


School starts for the kids on August 22, so we are leaving here mid-August so they can start along with everyone else.


That's the scoop.

Hopefully the next update will include a job!


2 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay!!! I am so happy you are moving out West again! I hope and will pray that you can find a job quickly! My dad is retired, but he still has lots of contacts. When you guys get to Utah have David give my dad a call and see if he has any suggestions. I also think you should DEFINITELY look in Vegas for a job! I will find you a nice home in my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, Vegas is only a 5 hour drive. If you get stir crazy in your parent's house you can always get away for a bit and come to Vegas for a visit!

    ReplyDelete