In August Porter turned FIVE years old!
The Stats
Weight: 41 lbs. (50th Percentile)
Height: 43 in. (49th Percentile)
Porter is a morning person. He is full of energy when he runs into our room every morning to greet us upon waking up.
He is a people person. Loves to have people around him. Loves to talk to people. Loves to get as close to people as he can (often invading their space...but he is working on that!).
He started 4K (pre-k) at the beginning of September. He is in school M-Th for 3 hours. He was so excited to finally be able to ride the bus with his brothers!
He stopped sucking his thumb in June. Yay! He still wears a thumb guard at night as a reminder, but his mouth has moved back to an almost normal position. We seem to have narrow palates in our family, so it is possible he will still need some orthodontic work in a year or two (most likely a palatal expander to widen the roof of his mouth).
He is a hard worker. I love this about him.
He does not like "goop" (pomade) in his hair. I have to be pretty convincing for him to allow it for pictures.
He has very recently given up his nap. It is hard to believe he napped nearly every day until he was FIVE! The transition has been a bit rough with lots of grumpy days.
Here are some of his favorites. Color=Red. Food=Cereal. TV show=Odd Squad. Sport=Baseball. Dessert=Blueberry ice cream. Movie=Paddington. Favorite thing to do outside=Ride his bike. Favorite place he has ever been=Amusement park.
I loved my time with this boy last school year when it was just him, Ryland and I at home. I love having more freedom to get things done during the morning hours this year, but I miss him too. When he is around all of his brothers there is a lot of competition, fighting, whining, noise, etc., but when he is by himself with me or with me and Ryland he is sweet, kind, and thoughtful.
My favorite recent quote from Porter...
"Mom, I wish there were two potties in every potty so you could go potty with your best friends. 'Cause Ry (his brother) is my best friend and I want to go potty at the same time he goes potty."
---------------
It's tradition at our house to put up streamers on the door of the birthday boy. Here he is, just coming out of his room on the morning of his birthday, with a big smile of course.
The Stats
Weight: 41 lbs. (50th Percentile)
Height: 43 in. (49th Percentile)
Porter is a morning person. He is full of energy when he runs into our room every morning to greet us upon waking up.
He is a people person. Loves to have people around him. Loves to talk to people. Loves to get as close to people as he can (often invading their space...but he is working on that!).
He started 4K (pre-k) at the beginning of September. He is in school M-Th for 3 hours. He was so excited to finally be able to ride the bus with his brothers!
He stopped sucking his thumb in June. Yay! He still wears a thumb guard at night as a reminder, but his mouth has moved back to an almost normal position. We seem to have narrow palates in our family, so it is possible he will still need some orthodontic work in a year or two (most likely a palatal expander to widen the roof of his mouth).
He is a hard worker. I love this about him.
He does not like "goop" (pomade) in his hair. I have to be pretty convincing for him to allow it for pictures.
He has very recently given up his nap. It is hard to believe he napped nearly every day until he was FIVE! The transition has been a bit rough with lots of grumpy days.
Here are some of his favorites. Color=Red. Food=Cereal. TV show=Odd Squad. Sport=Baseball. Dessert=Blueberry ice cream. Movie=Paddington. Favorite thing to do outside=Ride his bike. Favorite place he has ever been=Amusement park.
I loved my time with this boy last school year when it was just him, Ryland and I at home. I love having more freedom to get things done during the morning hours this year, but I miss him too. When he is around all of his brothers there is a lot of competition, fighting, whining, noise, etc., but when he is by himself with me or with me and Ryland he is sweet, kind, and thoughtful.
My favorite recent quote from Porter...
"Mom, I wish there were two potties in every potty so you could go potty with your best friends. 'Cause Ry (his brother) is my best friend and I want to go potty at the same time he goes potty."
---------------
It's tradition at our house to put up streamers on the door of the birthday boy. Here he is, just coming out of his room on the morning of his birthday, with a big smile of course.
The kids get to choose what kind of cake they want for their birthday. Porter said he chose vanilla cake so I could eat some on his birthday too (he knows I can't eat anything with chocolate). Such a sweet boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment