Family

Family

December 16, 2015

Caden is Seven!!

Caden also had a birthday in August.  He is now SEVEN!

The Stats

Weight:  45 lbs. (18th Percentile)
Height:  47 in. (28th Percentile)



Caden is loving school and has made great strides in his reading since school began.  It is fun to hear him read from the scriptures with us in the morning.

He is creative and loves to draw.  He got an art kit for his birthday and it is getting lots of use.

He is an early riser, but so not a morning person.  It is best to steer clear for a short time until he wakes up a bit. :)

He loves to race.  Anyone.  Anytime.  Anywhere.

He is afraid of flushing the toilet...he always thinks it is going to overflow on him. :)

He has great handwriting.

After he is tucked in for bed at night, his favorite stall tactic is to ask a question right before the door closes.  It's like clockwork. Every. Single. Night.

I just attended parent teacher conference and was thrilled to hear how well this boy is doing.  He is right on track with reading (with the concerns I have had about him academically, this was awesome to hear!) and doing well in every other subject.  His teacher told me he is quiet, respectful, kind, a good friend, and that he tries hard and does good work.  She said she wished she could clone him.  Way to be buddy!!

A few of Caden's favorite things are:  Color=Green/Black, Book=Fly Guy, Food=Cereal, TV show=Full House, Sport=Baseball/Soccer, Hobby=Art, Dessert=Oreos, Thing to do=Laser tag.


My favorite Caden story of late happened when we were at a park just before his birthday.  We went to a park that is quite large, so much so that it is not hard to lose my children there.  The older boys can handle themselves, so I found myself following Ryland around as he is the one who can easily wander off.  At one point, while looking around, I noticed Caden playing with a special needs child I had noticed earlier.  My heart immediately filled with warmth.  Not long after spotting him, he saw me watching him and said hello.  The caregiver of the child asked if that was his mom, to which he replied that it was.  I went over to talk with her, but before I could get a word out, she began excitedly telling me about Caden and how friendly and sweet he had been with them and how eager he had been to play.  As I talked with the caregiver, I noticed that Caden and this boy were playing a game together and that the other boy was literally beaming.  Caden told me later that the while the boy could not talk with words, he could communicate through his iPad.  He thought that was pretty cool.  I am so grateful for this sweet boy of ours and how comfortable he was playing with someone who was different.  From the reaction of the caregiver, I imagine this was a rare experience for them at the park.














1 comment:

  1. What a precious boy! To be kind to others, especially when they are different, is an incredible quality. One usually learned by the example of good parents!

    ReplyDelete