Just before the kids went back to school we took a row boat out on Lake Wingra as a family. It was the last family outing before the kids were back in school full time. We had also planned to go camping the weekend before school started, but it rained all that day and night and we are wimpy campers and bailed. Our kids, while disappointed, didn't want to camp in the rain either and were cool with us rescheduling for a couple weeks later. That day and night it rained too! Definitely going camping as a family next year!
Row boats are a kind of a pain, but someday we'll all be in kayaks. I can hardly wait until that day...it is much more fun.
It wasn't long before the boys were in the water.
Dad too.
I hung out in the boat with Ry and stayed dry.
The following week, David and I went back to Wingra Lake for date night. We wanted to get in one more day on the water before it was too cold to do so. We were eager to test out the paddle boards, but the wind was too strong that evening and they weren't letting anyone take them out. Bummer.
We took out a double kayak instead and watched the sun set.
I love date night!
















No comments:
Post a Comment