Family

Family

December 8, 2015

Fun Fridays!

This summer, we did what we called, "Fun Fridays."  Every Friday (for the most part), I went and did something fun with the kids.  When we had something already scheduled on Friday or we wanted dad to join us, then we changed the day.  This doesn't mean we didn't do fun things on other days, but the kids knew that Friday was a must for a little fun.

Madison Children's Museum.
This is not my favorite museum (read: not much to it and costly), but the kids seem to enjoy it.











Henry Villas Zoo.
This is a free zoo, which is awesome, but the parking is a bit of a joke.  There can't be more than 50 parking spots.  On this Friday we almost bagged the zoo altogether because parking was ridiculous.  We parked about a mile away, literally, in one of the surrounding neighborhoods.  I took a picture of the cross streets and just hoped I could find my way back when we were done!





There was a brand new polar bear exhibit that the kids thought was awesome.


A polar bear cage for the kids to play in.


Little Amerrika Amusement Park.
This was one of those times we went on a Saturday so David could come.  Without him we wouldn't have gone since there were many rides that needed an adult to ride with the youngest two.





I can't tell you how much fun I had on this day.  To begin with, I love amusement parks, but the biggest reason was watching the sheer joy on the faces of my boys.  I love that they are growing tall enough to have fun at amusement parks.  


There were a few rides Ryland could not go on, but this roller coaster was fair game.  He LOVED it.  There is no fear in this boy.





Luke was tall enough to drive his own bumper car.  He started off going in the wrong direction and was a little erratic, but quickly figured out how to drive the thing.  This may have been his favorite ride.


Riding the train around the park.














Such a great day together as a family!


Mallard's Game.





 I wouldn't call this a fun Friday, except that we were driving to Utah, so we knew that fun awaited us!



Laser Tag at Provo Beach (this was the second of three visits for the boys).
This time we went with Grandma, Grandpa, Tiffy, Liza and her kids.  They loved being with their cousins.


Riding the carousel with cousins, still at Provo Beach.


Kangaroo Zoo.








Swimming at Scera Pool.
This is a picture of the kids at the Lindon Aquatics Center since I didn't take any pictures at Scera.  Ryland had a lot more fun at Scera than at the Lindon pool (not sure what is deal was in Lindon).


Inside Out at the movie theater.
I love these reclining seats!


Angel Park.
This park is huge.  The kids love to play hide-n-seek here.















A picnic at the park, after they wore themselves out.


A little fun at our own neighborhood splash pad and park.



It was a GREAT summer of FUN!!  Can't wait until next summer!!


1 comment:

  1. Coolest. Mom. Ever! I love this idea of a designated day to do something more out of the ordinary. You are such a great mother! I may have to copy this from you...

    ReplyDelete