Family

Family

December 4, 2015

Fourth of July 2015

We went to a Mallard's baseball game as a family the evening before July 4th.



This is always a fun place to watch a game.  








I am a very scheduled person.  I rarely miss putting my kids down for a nap.  The kiddo or kiddos doing the napping are MUCH better off having taken one, and nap time has become sacred time for me and my sanity.  Bedtime at our house means 7:00pm for the youngest three and 8:00pm for Luke.  Some think this is early, but I do this for their own happiness (trust me, they are much better little people with a rested body!).  And, I quickly learned that a side benefit is my happiness as well.  I love my children, but I need some downtime in the evening to recover from the day, which helps me to be able to wake up the next day rejuvenated and ready to battle the battles all over again.  I have been known to make exceptions, but it is hard for me to do.  

As our kids are getting older, I am finding I have a little more leeway.  An older child who misses a nap here and there or goes to bed later than usual does not always mean I will be paying for it the next day.  Don't get me wrong, I remain a scheduled person, but it is a little easier now for me to make exceptions.  This night was one of those exceptions as I allowed the boys to stay for the fireworks at the field!!



They loved it, of course!


The next morning we went to the parade.  It doesn't start until 10:00am in our city, and I have to say I kind of love that time!


The kids bring paper sacks to fill up on candy that is thrown their way by those in the parade.  It is a little like Halloween...they come home with a lot of candy.


We had friends over for a BBQ and I completely forgot to to take pictures.  :(

We did do some of our own fireworks in the street.  And, yes, it was light...while I can budge on the rules, neither David nor I were thrilled about 2 late nights in a row for the boys.  So, we did fireworks in the light of the evening and then to bed they went!





No comments:

Post a Comment