Family

Family

December 3, 2015

Utah 2015

Each summer when we drive to Utah for our family reunion, David flies home after the reunion and I stay with the kids to squeeze in a little more family time. I love it!  After about 2 weeks or so, David flies back to drive us home.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to spend this time with my family each summer.  It refuels me for the periods of drought that follow.

------------------------

Before David flew home, we hit laser tag at "Provo Beach".  This was the kids first experience with laser tag and they couldn't get enough of it.


At Provo Beach there was also a ropes course that David did, which surprised me with his fear of heights.  He did well through his fear!








My kids love to race down the sidewalk at my parents house on plasma cars.


They can go again and again...


...and again.


Sometimes the adults get in on the action too!  Tiffany sure had some fun racing her nephews.





Our boys love their Tiffy!!


The grass at the end of the patio slows down the cars.  They race so much that my parent's grass takes a bit of a beating.  I am sure my dad is glad to see the backside of us when we leave. :)


The tree swing is always in motion when my kids are at grandma and grandpa's house.  The grass takes a beating here too.  My mom wants to remove this swing because she thinks it is dangerous.  Man would these boys be sad if it was gone.


My mom, Tiff and I were able to go see "The Little Mermaid" at the Hale Center Theater in Salt Lake.


It was so fun to be there with two of my most favorite people!


My kids can't seem to go to Utah without hitting Kangaroo Zoo.





After David flew back to Utah for the long drive home, we spent some time with his sister, Jaime', at the Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove.


It was a hot afternoon/evening so everyone was sweating and red faced, but they all had fun eating pizza and exploring the park.


So many places to go, do and hide.

















We were also able to spend some time with David's brother, Joey, and his family (Meg and Roman) at Provo Beach.  We did laser tag, again.  Our kids could do this over and over and never grow tired of it.  We went 3 times while in Utah!


We also bowled together at Provo Beach.  Joey and Meg look pretty serious here; I think they are discussing who is going to win. ;)





David, hanging with Roman.


After seeing his Dad do the ropes course, Luke begged for 2 weeks to be able to do it.  David passed down his fear of heights to this one, so I couldn't believe he really wanted to try.  He was persistent, though, and I told him we could do it when we went back to Provo Beach with Joey and Meg.  There are 2 levels and Luke stuck to the bottom level (the level closest to the floor), but he did awesome and was so proud of himself. 


I did it along with him.





He said this one was the scariest of all.  After I watched him do it, I chose another course. ;)


Meg got in on the action too.


So did Joey.
It was a fun day spent with people we love!


Oh, how I love Utah.  My stay is never quite long enough, and I am always sad to leave.


We stopped by Bridal Veil Falls on our way out of town.


And snapped a goofy picture.


I have a long time friend, Amelia, who visits Utah every summer, and we almost always miss each other.  This year she was in Utah a day before I left, and we were able to catch up for about an hour.  It wasn't long enough, but it was so fun to see her and talk with her.  I regret not taking a picture as who knows when we will see each other again!!


Goodbye Utah!  See you next year!

Provo River

When we returned home, I discovered a brown patch in the middle of our lawn.  It went to investigate and pulled up a bunch of dead grass and discovered 3 baby bunnies nestled in a hole their mama created for them.


There were little boys in our household that loved to check on them, but mama bunny was not having any of that.  On day three, mama moved them somewhere else to keep them safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment