On day 3 of our family reunion we went to Jordanelle Reservoir. We rented a boat and a water trampoline. This day ended up being extremely windy, so not the best day to be out on the water, but we still had fun.
David and I wanted to rent a kayak again this year, but I had been having shoulder trouble, yet again (tendonitis from catching my fall down the stairs...yup, super graceful). After several months of pain, it was finally close to being healed and I didn't want to aggravate it.
-------------------------
-------------------------
I snapped a bunch of pictures at the dock, while we waited to sign paperwork and learn about the boat. It was so fun to be on the boat with some of my favorite people!
Ryland, Tiff & Caden
Porter
The hubs
Scooter
Mama...who loves to have her picture taken. ;)
After taking the trampoline to the shore for the other half of our party, we finally got on the water. Scott's family are big boaters. I am glad our kids were on the boat with them this year to see how it's done!
Kelton, body surfing.
I love this kid...he is so much fun to be around!
Amazing Amy.
And an awesome sister-in-law!
Cousin fun.
After seeing his cousins body surf, Luke wanted to try. I was so excited about his eagerness (he's our most cautious), but sadly, he never took off. I don't know if it was the wind or if his fears overtook him, but this boy could not stay on the surfboard long enough for the boat to get moving. We tried repeatedly to make it work.
Dad even got out there to try to figure out how to help him stay on, to no avail. After many attempts he tuckered out and ended up back on the boat.
It was then Caden's turn to give it a try. When he got to the back of the boat his fears hit too and he was not excited about getting in the water. So, his dad just tossed him in. :) Did the trick. He still talks about it...with a smile!
Luckily, Caden was able to stay on the board and had a lot of fun.
After seeing his Caden stay on, Luke became determined to not be surpassed next year by his little brother. We told him he could go again this time, but it was so windy, he was freezing, and after seeing one of the pros on the boat not be able to get up to surf because of said wind, he opted out.
David gave surfing and body surfing a try. He ended up tweaking a knee and his shoulder. So glad I didn't subject my finicky shoulder to surfing.
Mom and Tiff
Ryker and Amy
I am so glad we rented this trampoline. It took a bit of time and effort to get it to our beach, but it was worth it. We originally had it anchored farther out so the kids could jump off and into the water, but the wind ended up taking it right to shore, anchor and all. In the end, this was better since the adults were having a hard time climbing up on this thing when it was in deep water. It would have been impossible for the kids to do it alone. This way they could get on and off at their leisure.
Ryker, Braden, Luke & Scott
A ladder would have been nice, but all that was provided was this purple blow-up to aid in getting on.
Luke taking a turn.
Porter, playing in the water.
Ryker, Kelton & Braden (all brothers).
Ry loved being in the water. I had to keep my eye on this one.
Mom, Tiff, Scott & Amy chillin' on the beach. Sure wish the beach was nice fine sand instead of rocks!
Caden
Best buds...Braden and Kelton.
Caden
Luke and Porter
Braden
Luke
Porter
Tiff and I tried jumping...but ended up doing more laughing than jumping.
I think Scott got tired. Jumping on that thing sure took a lot of energy!
More laughing.
Tiff and I, hanging with the kids.
Tuckered out.
Boating day is always a tiring one.




































No comments:
Post a Comment