Family

Family

November 11, 2015

Family Reunion 2015 - Cascade Springs

I am so behind on my posts, but better late than never, I guess.  Some days I want to do away with blogging, but then I remember that this is where I keep the history of our family.  If I don't do it here, I won't do it anywhere.  So, I keep doing it, even though it seems very few do anymore.

I am backing up to July when we visited Utah for our family reunion.  I look forward to this trip every year.  The kids do as well.  I just don't see family enough, so when I get the chance to go home, I do all I can to soak it up.  This year for our reunion my parents rented a home in Heber City, where we were all able to be under one roof.  The house was perfect.  Lots of rooms, lots of space, big kitchen, plenty of things to do.

The afternoon we arrived, we got ourselves settled into our rooms, played ping-pong, pool, and foosball.  Cousins got reacquainted and explored the house.  We cooked dinner, talked and hung out.

Day 2 we went to Cascade Springs.  David and I were in charge of the activities this year and we were looking for an easy hike all age levels (and one pregnant mama) would be able to handle.  David and I lived in Utah growing up and had never been to Cascade Springs, so we didn't realize our long drive would end in just a wee 15 minute walk.  Ha.  Oh, well.  From online pictures and description, we knew there was a boardwalk with 3 loops (supposedly 15 minutes for each loop), but it was really 15 minutes total.  We were entertained on the drive up by my brother, Scott, who was right in front of us likes to get a little crazy with his vehicle.  He ended up needing to change a flat tire after his fancy driving, but the kids loved the show!

Cascade Springs








After our leisurely walk, the kids ended up here, in the water, of course.  Thank goodness for this small patch of water.  Without it, day 2 would have been a complete flop.


Cousins


Luke


Caden, being a weirdo.


Ry, loving the water.





The adults and bigger kids just chillin' while the littles played in the water.






Following our "hike" we went to a park in Heber where we ate our packed lunches (didn't know we couldn't eat at the springs!).  The kids played at the park and got involved in other outdoor games that were brought.

I didn't end up with any pictures at the park, probably because I bailed not long after getting there to get the two littles back to the house for nap time.  Here are a couple from my sis, Tiff, with the kids climbing a tree at the park.






No comments:

Post a Comment