David and I celebrated our anniversary in September!
It has been TEN years since we were married in the Salt Lake City Temple, in Utah. David was nearly 28 and I was 27 and a half...but who's counting? Ok, I was counting because where we come from, that is old. I watched as all of my friends got married and started their families and I wondered when and often if I would have the same opportunity. There were certainly some lonely times, but those times were also coupled with periods of growth. Growth that wouldn't have come otherwise.
It has been TEN years since we were married in the Salt Lake City Temple, in Utah. David was nearly 28 and I was 27 and a half...but who's counting? Ok, I was counting because where we come from, that is old. I watched as all of my friends got married and started their families and I wondered when and often if I would have the same opportunity. There were certainly some lonely times, but those times were also coupled with periods of growth. Growth that wouldn't have come otherwise.
Hindsight can be very revealing. Looking back it is clear that God had a plan for us. Both David and I think that if we had met at a younger age, things wouldn't have worked out or, more likely, that we wouldn't even have noticed each other. I believe that life's experiences, up to the time we met, prepared us for each other.
Whether any of that is true or not, of this I am sure...
Whether any of that is true or not, of this I am sure...
...David was worth the wait.
It has been an amazing 10 years with David as my companion. I thought it would be fun to look back and watch our family grow over the last 10 years.
Warning: Picture Overload...
September 2004 - Utah
Engagement Picture
September 2004 - SLC, Utah
Just married!
September 2004 - SLC, Utah
Wedding Day
September 2004 - Utah
Wedding Reception
September 2004 - Utah
Cutting the Cake
September 2004 - Utah
Eating the Cake
September 2004 - San Juan Islands, Washington
Honeymoon Trip
September 2004 - San Juan Islands, Washington
Honeymoon Trip
(This is where David introduced me to kayaking...and where my love for it began!)
September 2004 - Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Honeymoon Trip
April 2005 - Maui, Hawaii
Helicopter Tour of Maui
(Free trip to Hawaii through David's work. We took it!)
April 2005 - Maui, Hawaii
Relaxing on the Beach
(We also kayaked, snorkeled, hiked, swam in the springs...but have very few pictures!)
September 2005 - San Juan Islands, Washington
1st Year Anniversary Trip
(We went back to the San Juan Islands and kayaked from island to island, camping on the islands with 2 other couples and a guide. It was a blast!).
September 2005 - San Juan Islands, Washington
1st Year Anniversary Trip
September 2005 - Seattle, Washington
1st Year Anniversary Trip
April 2006 - Colorado
20 weeks pregnant with baby #1
August 2006 - Colorado
9 Months Pregnant
September 2006 - Colorado
We became parents when Luke joined the family!
December 2006 - Colorado
April 2007 - Colorado
November 2007 - Colorado
April 2008 - Chicago, Illinois
20 Weeks pregnant with baby #2
June 2006 - Chicago, Illinois
August 2008 - Chicago, Illinois
9 Months Pregnant
August 2008 - Chicago, Illinois
Caden Joined the Family
September 2008 - Chicago, Illinois
June 2009 - St. George, Utah
Utah Trip
September 2009 - Chicago, Illinois
November 2009 - Chicago, Illinois
April 2010 - Chicago, Illinois
20 weeks pregnant with baby #3
July 2010 - Chicago, Illinois
8 Months Pregnant
August 2010 - Chicago, Illinois
Porter Joined the Family
November 2010 - Chicago, Illinois
March 2011 - Arkansas
April 2011 - Arkansas
July 2011 - Idaho
Family Reunion
August 2011 - University of Arkansas
David goes back to school for his MBA
September 2011 - Arkansas
September 2011 - Arkansas
October 2011 - Arkansas
April 2012 - Arkansas
19 weeks pregnant with baby #4
July 2012 - Arkansas
August 2012 - Arkansas
9 Months Pregnant
September 2012 - Arkansas
Ryland Joined the Family
September 2012 - Arkansas
September 2012 - Arkansas
November 2012 - Arkansas
February 2013 - Arkansas
February 2013 - Arkansas






















.jpg)























No comments:
Post a Comment