Family

Family

October 31, 2014

Luke's Baptism

September brought a very special day.  Our oldest son, Luke, was baptized!

A month or so before the baptism, I took Luke out to the wooded area by our house and shot photos of this cute boy in his new sport coat.  It was just me and him and I relished the time I had with him that day.  Not only did he tolerate all the picture taking, but he did it with a smile.  And I took a lot of pictures!  He got a lot of compliments on how sharp he looked by others who were passing by.  We were both done when the mosquitos took over the forest, though, and we reluctantly headed for home. 

Luke has been excited for this day for months.  He would often say, "I can't wait until I am baptized."  He was so ready.  More ready than I was at his age.  He seems to understand the importance of the decision he has made and has such a desire to be good and do good.

 
 

 
Pretending to fall over the edge of the boardwalk.

 
And later, actually falling over the edge.

 
 

 
 



Here's his invitation we mailed out.  We invited a couple of neighbor friends who are not members of our church and we were excited to have them attend.  In the end, they did not come, but both brought over cards with a sweet message for Luke.  Luke was surprised to find cash in each one as well.  We have some really great neighbors!

 
The cover of his program.

 
The inside of the program.
Luke's primary teacher gave one of the talks and did an amazing job.  My mom gave the second talk and had myself and others in tears.  Thank you mom!! 
And it was fitting that Luke's piano teacher was the pianist.
 
 
 







 
I am so glad my parents could make it!

 
So done with pictures by this time...

 
Future Missionary!

 
We had a BBQ at our house following the baptism, but I failed to get pictures of those who came!
I copied a friend of mine (thanks Ashlee for the idea) and gave cookies to each person as they left.
 
 
It's great to be eight!

 
The back side of the card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment