Family

Family

October 28, 2014

Two Wheels

In September, shortly after Porter turned 4, he learned to ride a bike with two wheels!  I know I have said this before, but I LOVE balance bikes.  Why was this not invented when I was NINE (yes, nine!) and trying to learn to ride a bike!?!  The balance bike teaches balance, confidence, and removes the fear.  No training wheels needed.  Ever.  I just love it.
 
Porter has been using the balance bike for a couple of summers and has been very ready for the real deal for months, but our little 12" bike has taken a bit of a beating and was in need of repair.  We worked on it, to no avail, and it sat in the garage.  What we really needed was a new one, so that is what we finally did.  The evening I brought it home, Porter was on it and diligently working to get those pedals moving.  It wasn't long before he was taking off down the street that night.  By day 2, he looked like a pro.






 
Ryland, at 2, has now taken over the balance bike.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment