We also celebrated Caden's birthday in August.
He turned SIX!
The Stats
Height: 44.5 in. (30th percentile)
Weight: 40 lbs. (16th percentile)
Caden started Kindergarten in September. He was thrilled to be able to ride the bus to and from school with his brother Luke.
He was dreading being in school all day, but he is loving it! Recently, there was an "open house" at his school and he was bursting with excitement as he showed us his classroom and the things he is learning.
His most common phrase is, "Mom, I am sooo hungry."
He loves cold cereal and would eat it for every meal, every day, if I let him.
He lost his 2 front teeth over the summer. They were both slightly loose when he smacked his teeth on a footboard at our family reunion (while running from Porter). We pulled out the loosest of the two that day and the other soon followed, but there is no sign yet of his permanent teeth.
He is very creative. Almost every day this boy is using paper, markers, and tape to make his newest creation. The amount of paper and tape we go through is phenomenal. We have started buying it in bulk.
He loves to play football at school during recess.
He wants to be an artist when he grows up.
Near the end of the last school year, Caden's teacher sent him home with a note. It said, "Heather, Caden is one of the kindest, well mannered, and behaved kids I've ever had. I will miss him when he goes to Kindergarten." I always wonder what our kids are like outside of our home. It was nice to hear he is such a good boy at school.
A few of my favorite Caden moments of late...
One evening as we were saying goodnight to Luke and Caden, David said to the boys, "When you grow up, find a woman like your mom to marry and to be your best friend" (love this man!). Caden then said, "I don't like that when I grow up I have to leave this house." That will certainly change, but I thought it was so cute that he wants to stay with us forever. We will keep him!!
And...
A few nights ago as I was tucking Caden into bed, I told him to not talk with Luke and to go to sleep so he could be happy at school the following day (this was on a particularly grumpy Caden day). He said, "I'm never grumpy at school." So nice he saves that for us at home. :)
And one more...
A week ago, Caden asked David if being a grown up was more fun than being a kid. David replied with, "No, I think it was more fun being a kid than it is being a grown up." Caden could not believe it. His incredulous response was, "But grown ups don't have a boss telling them what to do!"
He turned SIX!
The Stats
Height: 44.5 in. (30th percentile)
Weight: 40 lbs. (16th percentile)
Caden started Kindergarten in September. He was thrilled to be able to ride the bus to and from school with his brother Luke.
He was dreading being in school all day, but he is loving it! Recently, there was an "open house" at his school and he was bursting with excitement as he showed us his classroom and the things he is learning.
His most common phrase is, "Mom, I am sooo hungry."
He loves cold cereal and would eat it for every meal, every day, if I let him.
He lost his 2 front teeth over the summer. They were both slightly loose when he smacked his teeth on a footboard at our family reunion (while running from Porter). We pulled out the loosest of the two that day and the other soon followed, but there is no sign yet of his permanent teeth.
He is very creative. Almost every day this boy is using paper, markers, and tape to make his newest creation. The amount of paper and tape we go through is phenomenal. We have started buying it in bulk.
He loves to play football at school during recess.
He wants to be an artist when he grows up.
Near the end of the last school year, Caden's teacher sent him home with a note. It said, "Heather, Caden is one of the kindest, well mannered, and behaved kids I've ever had. I will miss him when he goes to Kindergarten." I always wonder what our kids are like outside of our home. It was nice to hear he is such a good boy at school.
A few of my favorite Caden moments of late...
One evening as we were saying goodnight to Luke and Caden, David said to the boys, "When you grow up, find a woman like your mom to marry and to be your best friend" (love this man!). Caden then said, "I don't like that when I grow up I have to leave this house." That will certainly change, but I thought it was so cute that he wants to stay with us forever. We will keep him!!
And...
A few nights ago as I was tucking Caden into bed, I told him to not talk with Luke and to go to sleep so he could be happy at school the following day (this was on a particularly grumpy Caden day). He said, "I'm never grumpy at school." So nice he saves that for us at home. :)
And one more...
A week ago, Caden asked David if being a grown up was more fun than being a kid. David replied with, "No, I think it was more fun being a kid than it is being a grown up." Caden could not believe it. His incredulous response was, "But grown ups don't have a boss telling them what to do!"
Roller Blades!
We let him practice in the house for a couple of days before he braved the sidewalk.



No comments:
Post a Comment