We were invited to the home of a family at our church for the 4th of July parade. Their home is on the street where the parade passes by. We set up chairs on their driveway, watched the parade, and had a BBQ in their backyard following the parade.
We are not big parade goers, but I think the boys had fun.
They especially liked filling their paper bags with candy.
Ryland liked to wave at everyone.
Da Boys.
Ryland loves to dance to music.
He was rewarded with candy for his efforts.
We attended our 2nd BBQ later in the afternoon. It is sure nice to have good friends to be with on holidays since we have no family around!
We played water balloon volleyball.
And Missionary Tag.
What a fun game!
Ryland seems to have no fear of water (a first at our house). I kept steering him away from this kiddie pool all evening. He wanted in so badly, but we didn't have a change of clothes for him. And I knew that once he was in, the battle to keep him away could turn ugly (with tears and tantrums). As we were leaving and passed the pool, I allowed him to stop and put his hands in. Within seconds he was over the side and into the pool.
He proceeded to do it over and over again, until we finally tore him away...screaming and crying, of course.











No comments:
Post a Comment