Ryland is 15 months. This is one of my favorite stages!
The Stats
Weight: 22 lbs. 5 oz. (44th Percentile)
Height: 30 in. (13th Percentile)
The Stats
Weight: 22 lbs. 5 oz. (44th Percentile)
Height: 30 in. (13th Percentile)
He is the pickiest eater we have, which is quite the feat in a house full of picky eaters.
Always looks carefully at the food I am trying to feed him to make sure it is legit and that I am not trying to sneak in something he deems inedible.
Learned how to crawl on his hands and knees just after he turned one.
Will sometimes revert to the swift moving army crawl as it works great on hardwood floors.
Loves to clap his hands.
Even better, he loves others to clap their hands when he does something praiseworthy.
Always looks carefully at the food I am trying to feed him to make sure it is legit and that I am not trying to sneak in something he deems inedible.
Learned how to crawl on his hands and knees just after he turned one.
Will sometimes revert to the swift moving army crawl as it works great on hardwood floors.
Loves to clap his hands.
Even better, he loves others to clap their hands when he does something praiseworthy.
Is down to 1 nap a day.
Always wants to be in the middle of whatever his brothers are doing.
Sucks his left thumb while sleeping.
Loves to give people "five."
Is great at throwing tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants.
Can stand for at least 10 seconds and will even stand up in the middle of a room , but cannot yet be convinced to take a step.
Still loves to snuggle.
Is growing WAY too fast for this mama.
--------------------------
Raiding the kitchen cabinets.
This is an interesting time of life. When each of my babies have reached 15 months, I have always been pregnant with the next little one. This time is different. Half of me (especially my heart) is so sad that another babe will not be entering our home. When I packed up the 12 month clothes, I couldn't help but openly weep. And I can't seem to get rid of the clothes. That will be for another day, when I feel stronger than today. The other half of me (particularly my body and mind) is excited to never be pregnant again, to enjoy my young toddler to the fullest (instead of laying on a couch and puking over a toilet), to leap into this next phase of life, to focus more on the older children, to focus better on ALL of our children. So, while one part of me aches, the other part feels light and free. It's a weird combo.
Always wants to be in the middle of whatever his brothers are doing.
Sucks his left thumb while sleeping.
Loves to give people "five."
Is great at throwing tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants.
Can stand for at least 10 seconds and will even stand up in the middle of a room , but cannot yet be convinced to take a step.
Still loves to snuggle.
Is growing WAY too fast for this mama.
--------------------------
Raiding the kitchen cabinets.
![]() |
| 12.5 Months |
Fell asleep while driving home from church
(for the first time since he was itty bitty).
| 12.5 Months |
Quite the little helper when emptying the dishwasher.
![]() |
| 13 Months |
Love this smile.
![]() |
| 13 Months |
A favorite stance.
![]() |
| 14 Months |
Another favorite move.
| 15 Months |
Laughing at himself while playing with paint supplies.
![]() |
| 14.5 Months |
Having a mini tantrum.
| 15 Months |
Clapping his hands for doing such a great job standing.
![]() |
| 15 Months |
Finally decided he wanted to learn how to go down the stairs.
![]() |
| 15 Months |
Teething...molars are coming in.
![]() |
| 15 Months |
Love this cutie!
![]() |
| 15 Months |
This is an interesting time of life. When each of my babies have reached 15 months, I have always been pregnant with the next little one. This time is different. Half of me (especially my heart) is so sad that another babe will not be entering our home. When I packed up the 12 month clothes, I couldn't help but openly weep. And I can't seem to get rid of the clothes. That will be for another day, when I feel stronger than today. The other half of me (particularly my body and mind) is excited to never be pregnant again, to enjoy my young toddler to the fullest (instead of laying on a couch and puking over a toilet), to leap into this next phase of life, to focus more on the older children, to focus better on ALL of our children. So, while one part of me aches, the other part feels light and free. It's a weird combo.










I swear we share a brain when it comes to our kids. I feel the same way about not trying to get pregnant now that my baby is one (first time)! Well said!
ReplyDelete