Our move to Madison brought us closer to a temple. We now only have to travel 2 hours and 45 minutes to the temple in our district.
And it's the familiar Chicago temple!
And it's the familiar Chicago temple!
![]() |
| Chicago Temple |
Last weekend we were able to take a day trip to attend the temple. The boys watched movies on the way down. Even Porter! There was hardly a peep out of him. This may seem like a small thing, but let me tell you, Porter has been a hard one to travel with...he has been extremely needy in the car. I sure wish he was interested in watching movies during the 20-hour drive to Utah this past summer. It gives me hope that maybe we can try that drive again sometime!
We dropped our boys off at the home of some very generous friends of ours in Chicago. Thank you S. Family for watching our 4 boys so David and I could attend the temple together (at the same time) for the first time in 3 years!
Thank you! Thank you!!
After the temple session, we picked up donuts from our favorite donut shop (Spunky Dunkers) and visited for awhile with our friends. It was great to catch up with them. Somehow I did not manage to take one picture while we were there!
Then we headed to our old stomping grounds. We showed Caden and Porter where they were born and took a tour around our neighborhood and the surrounding area. The boys were disappointed that we couldn't go inside the condo where we once lived.
![]() |
| Our Chicago Condo. |
Now, I have a confession. Of all the places we have lived, Chicago ranks at the bottom of the likability list. Every time I think of moving back there (which is probable), I groan internally (and sometimes out loud) and my heart does this uncomfortable sinking feeling thing. But something happened to me as we drove around, saw friends at the temple we hadn't expected to see, visited with the friends who watched our boys, drove through our neighborhood, and saw places and things that were so familiar.
It felt like home.
HOME.
I did not expect it, but there it is.
Maybe it won't be so bad to move back after all.


So glad you had a good experience! And got to go to the temple.
ReplyDelete