Family

Family

August 1, 2013

More on Graduation


 
Although David just finished school (for good!), graduation (when he "walked") was back in May.  We weren't even sure we were going to go until a week and a half before the day arrived.  We had so much going on with our move to Wisconsin and David had a final to take before the weekend was up.  Also, sitting through a graduation with 4 kids sounded like something akin to torture.  Then we decided it's a big deal because, well, it is a BIG deal!
 
We got a babysitter for the two littles (she was at our house for 6 hours.  Bless her!).  We headed to campus and got there early enough for some pictures.  We whipped out our pre-made sack lunches and ate in leisure (I forgot how simple life can be with just 2 kids!).  David then separated from us to head inside the arena and Luke, Caden and I hung out a bit longer on campus then headed inside ourselves. 
 
When I opened up the program and saw David's name, tears welled up in my eyes.  That was only the first in a series of emotional moments.  Some of the others were when I saw him walk in, when the boys spotted him, when he saw us, waved at us, during our "text" conversations with each other all throughout the commencement, and, of course, when they called his name.  I screamed for him.  Loudly.  I am sure the people around me were probably wondering about this crazy lady.  Crying one moment.  Screaming the next.  I am so glad we went.  David is glad he went.  We are both glad the boys got to see their dad graduate.
 
It was a very fine day.

---------------------

Our family, minus Ryland who was taking a nap when the babysitter arrived.

 
Love this graduate!

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
Walking on campus.

 
Looking for dad amid the sea of black caps.

 
Caden hanging onto dad's "hood" so as not to get lost.

 
Luke and dad.
 
 
This was David's "group" during grad school.  When there were group assignments, papers, or projects, these are the people he worked with.  He always talks highly of these people.  He says they are what kept things sane!  So glad he was placed with a good group from day one!
 
They got together on the last day of class for drinks.
David is drinking lemonade, of course. ;)
 

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I'm glad you yelled. And cried. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to read this!!! I remember when you were in the situation that we are now in--- one year down, and one to go! And it didn't seem that long ago! So, there's hope!!! I bet life is SO MUCH BETTER for you now!!! I sure hope it is! Wish you were here so we could chat all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete