Family

Family

July 30, 2013

We did it!

 


David has graduated from MBA school! 

We. Did. It.
 
I say, "we" because, boy, it was a team effort.  It has been a long two years and it is hard for me to believe that we made it through.  But we did.

I often felt like a single mother during the past 2 years.  David did his best to be around and available when possible, but it was difficult to be present with the extra amount of time school required of him.  Evenings were hard.  There was typically something for work or school to be done.  Weekends were the hardest.  On Saturday, David was either in class all day or studying.  My week just blended into what felt like another weekday instead of a Saturday.
There was no rest for the weary (for either of us).

These were not only hard times for me, but for David too.  The poor guy had to juggle work, school, church, and family.  The last thing anyone wants to do after a long and hard day at work is to come home and hit the books.  Ugh.  And I have no idea how he survived on so little sleep for the last two years.

This last semester has been especially crazy with school, family, new job, old job, house hunting, relocation, flying back to Arkansas for Saturday classes, etc.  I don't know how David has done it all.

I do know we had help from a loving Father in Heaven during this time.  There is no way I could have survived a difficult pregnancy, a newborn, the demands that 4 children require, and a relocation all while having a husband in school without some extra help.  We were most definitely aided during this journey and I am grateful.

A huge weight has been lifted.  I am looking forward to weekends with my family!
Oh, the possibilities!! 

 


1 comment:

  1. Wow--I don't know how you did it either! Huge congratulations!!! Oh yeah, and you forgot to add: recovering from two surgeries into the mix! I visited with your Mom a little bit while we were in Utah. Too bad we missed each other on our vacations!

    ReplyDelete