While I recovered from double shoulder surgery, the boys had a blast at grandma and grandpa's house.
(Picture overload here we come!).
(Picture overload here we come!).
This swing in the backyard is always a hit. For Luke, the higher, the better.
Good thing grandpa was so willing to swing these boys!
This dog is a little skittish around kids, but she sure took to Caden and was always willing to let him pet her. He's a gentle one, that Caden.
Porter asked my dad just about every day if he was going to work in the yard. He loved watching him (and helping him) dig in the dirt, fix sprinkler systems, and plant in the flower beds. If grandpa was outside, he was sure to have Porter as his little shadow. And he didn't get in the way at all. ;)
Ryland loved the baby swing.
Chillin' after dinner.
Found Caden having a tea party. Think he was hanging around a few girl cousins this trip?
Ryland loved opening and closing these French doors.
Great entertainment.
Lovin' on baby dolls.
We don't have any of these at our house.
My dad took the two biggest boys to the church campout! They loved it.
Thanks dad!!
The rest of us came up for the evening, but went home and slept in our beds!
And then came back the next morning.
Luke really wanted to test out the zip-line, which was a surprise to me. I was unsure if he (my cautious one) would really find it fun and made sure he was aware of the dangers. He thought about what I said for a minute and walked away. But he came back and negotiated with me (and maybe it was actually me that needed the convincing that he would be ok...I was born cautious too). Well, he went on it (more than once) and loved it. This child really has grown up.
And then he surprised me again by going down the huge slip-n-slide.
I think I need to stop being surprised about what this boy will do.
Caden went too.
Surprise again.
At one point he got hit by other kids who were allowed to go one right after another and that ended his slip-n-slide fun.
On another day, we took the boys to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point.
They liked the dinosaurs, but it was the sand that really grabbed them.
Ryland was stuck in the stroller most of the time, but loved it once he was finally let out.
Here he is practicing his wave.
We also took the boys to Kangaroo Zoo. Of course they had a blast.
While I was in Utah having my shoulders fixed, David was working in Wisconsin and attending MBA class in Arkansas. He flew to Utah on the 4th of July to pick us up (for the long drive back the following day). Ryland hadn't seen dad for awhile and had fun investigating him.
Luke was glad to see dad too.
(As were all the boys!).
After David arrived on the 4th we did a little wandering around BYU Campus (where David and I graduated). It has changed quite a bit since we were there. Old buildings have been torn down and beautiful new ones have taken their place.
David, my dad, and I wanted to see the changes on campus, but also didn't mind a little subtle indoctrination for the boys of where they may want to think about going to college. :)
![]() |
| Standing in front of the Maeser Building. I love this building as this is where I attended church on Sundays. |
Playing in a fountain, with a bunch of other kids, at BYU on this very hot day.
Not sure that was kosher!
4th of July Fireworks.
The Crew.
Loud!
The Show.
The fireworks freaked Porter out. He made Tiffany cover his eyes (or his ears) for each firework display.
Brothers.




































No comments:
Post a Comment