My first shoulder surgery went so well that at my post-op appointment, one week after surgery, I asked my doctor if he would be willing to operate on my left shoulder before I headed back to Wisconsin (instead of later in the year). He agreed. He said he had never seen anyone so excited to have surgery before. I have waited a long time for this and was so relieved to know that both shoulders would be fixed. So, 10 days after I had surgery on my right shoulder, I went in for surgery on my left. I didn't have a calcium deposit in the left, just bone that needed to be shaved down due to the "impingement syndrome".
Following surgery, while I was still in the recovery room, my doctor talked with my mom and said to her, "Ohhh...that was a tight shoulder." Meaning I had very little room for normal shoulder movement.
I am so glad to have both shoulders fixed!
-----------------------------
This shoulder I had to mark with a "yes".
The doctor initialed too.
I am so glad to have both shoulders fixed!
-----------------------------
This shoulder I had to mark with a "yes".
The doctor initialed too.
Love that groggy look after waking up from anesthesia.
Recovering at my parent's house. It was so wonderful to have help with the kids so I could heal. Thanks mom, dad, and Tiffany for all your generous help!!
Post-op day 3.
Strange that this shoulder has 3 scope holes (one straight on, one on the back, one on the front). The first shoulder only had 2 holes (and had more work done). I don't really care how many holes, but my curiosity is killing me. I didn't have a follow-up appointment with the doctor after this surgery since we had to head back to Wisconsin. Thinking of sending him and email. :)
Inside the left shoulder
(with the shiny instrument).
The portion that is marked (straight line with 3 dash marks) is the bone that was removed.
After the bone removal.
One shoulder is 5 weeks out and the other is 3.5 weeks out.
I am still recovering, but both shoulders are getting better and better every day.
I am still recovering, but both shoulders are getting better and better every day.







No comments:
Post a Comment