Family

Family

July 22, 2013

Lava Hot Springs - Pool Days

We had such a great time at the pool and slides at Lava Hot Springs.
 
 
Porter doesn't like water that much yet.  He spent most of the time on the grass or on the steps of the pool.
Swimming lessons next year again for this one.

 
Ryland liked the pool for a little while, then got tuckered out and grandma put him to sleep.
 
  
I bought the big boys swimming vests (much like a life jacket, but more swim friendly) so they could be comfortable in the water (and to decrease my own fear of losing track of them in the pool).  It gave Luke so much confidence in the water.  Why didn't I think of this before!?!

 
Caden was quite the little fish with his vest as well.

 
My brother, Andrew, throwing rings for the kids to find.
(His wife, Christine, was unable to attend since she was so close to having a baby!).

 
My sister, Tiffany, with Ryker and Caden.

 
Caden, catching a ride on dad.

 
David would put the boys on his shoulders and they would dive over his head (sort of) into the water.

 
Liza and Matt.
 
 
These boys HATE water in their ears and eyes (thus the caps and goggles).
I'll do whatever will make them love the water.  And it sure made it easy to find them!

 
Amy and her boys, Ryker, Kelton, and Braden.
My brother, Scott, missed the reunion as well as he was at Scout Camp. :(

 
Luke got brave and took off his vest.

 
And Swam!
And swam, and swam, and swam!
I almost couldn't believe my eyes.  I became a little emotional as I watched him put his head in the water, of his own accord, and swim to his dad and all sorts of other places in the pool.  It has been such a long road for this boy to overcome his fear and be comfortable in water.  So proud of him.

 
He even went off the slide without his vest.

 
And swam to David!
(This would have been unthinkable for him before this trip).

 
He even braved the bigger slides.
And had a blast.
 
 
He went down them over and over again.

 
I swear this boy grew up right before my eyes.
Made me so happy (because of the huge strides he made) and so sad (because he is growing way too fast!).

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment