Last Friday was our final day in Arkansas. As I walked around our home on Thursday night with everything boxed up, I couldn't help but feel a heaviness in my heart.
It is amazingly wonderful to have others pack all of our stuff (in less than a day, no less), but it is done so fast that my emotions usually hit me like a freight train.
We were leaving. Really leaving. And not coming back.
Friday was more difficult than Thursday as friends dropped by with parting gifts and big hugs.
I may or may not have cried.
When the last box was loaded on the van, and the hired cleaning service (yes, we did!) finished cleaning our home, we hopped in the van (and the car) and began the caravan to Wisconsin. As we drove down our street and away from our home I allowed a few tears to trickle down my cheeks as we left our beloved Arkansas. They were quickly brushed aside as the quick decision was made to be as brave as our amazing boys.
We were leaving. Really leaving. And not coming back.
Friday was more difficult than Thursday as friends dropped by with parting gifts and big hugs.
I may or may not have cried.
When the last box was loaded on the van, and the hired cleaning service (yes, we did!) finished cleaning our home, we hopped in the van (and the car) and began the caravan to Wisconsin. As we drove down our street and away from our home I allowed a few tears to trickle down my cheeks as we left our beloved Arkansas. They were quickly brushed aside as the quick decision was made to be as brave as our amazing boys.
Every time we move, I am baffled at all the stuff we have. We de-junk and de-junk, but more stuff accumulates with each additional child and each home we move into.
Man, oh man...so much stuff.
We arrived in Wisconsin after two days in the car, did a walk-through of our home-to-be the following day, and signed our names on the dotted lines the day after that. It has been a whirlwind of a week. Poor Porter has been a bit of a mess with so much time in the car, living in a confined space (hotel), and no naps, but is having a lot of fun exploring the new house. The big boys have done remarkably well with all this change and seem to be enjoying the adventure.
When we walked into our home yesterday as owners (so not used to that word), I think we all breathed a sigh of relief. We had the house professionally cleaned today by some amazingly efficient and detail oriented women. Yay! Now we can move in! And it just so happens that we can do that tomorrow as the moving truck will be arriving bright and early. I can't wait to sleep in my bed tomorrow night! And will put off thinking about all the un-packing ahead of me.
The boys are loving running in and around the house and I am amazed that it is already starting to feel like home.




Welcome back to our neck of the woods. We are not that far from you guys again. We will have to get together for a play date some time. Happy to hear that you made it safe and sound. Hugs!
ReplyDelete