I had the boys signed up for 2 weeks of swimming lessons this summer. Our move messed with those plans a bit. I had to cancel the second week of lessons and the first week happened to be the week we were moving. I knew I was crazy for not cancelling that week as well, but I really wanted to get our boys back in the water! In the end, they only attended for 3 days as the other 2 days were cancelled due to tornado warnings and freezing cold pool water. Three is better than none, I guess.
This was Porter's first exposure to swimming and he was not a fan. The teacher rotated through the boys and when his turn came around he was very good at running from her.
Here is a clip of Porter. Once he finally realized that he had to kick his feet in order to get back to the steps (aka safety), he was all about trying.
Caden did so well when it came to putting his face in the water (no water up the nose this year!). Now, if he could just coordinate the face in the water with kicking his legs AND moving his arms. Maybe next year!
Short clip of Caden under water.
I felt like this was Luke's year to really progress and I think he would have if he could have gone the full 2 weeks. He is still overcoming his fear, but he did great during his 3 days.
This teacher has been perfect for Luke. He has such a fear and she is so good with him (firm but kind). In this clip, Luke is scared of swimming to the steps on his own, and is letting her know it. I love that his teacher backs him up after telling him, "We are not going to talk about it." This is her 3rd year with this boy and she knows what she needs to do to get him to swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment