Family

Family

November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

With no family around, our holidays are pretty low-key.  Sometimes we go to someone else's home for Thanksgiving.  Sometimes not.  This year we spent Thanksgiving weekend with just our little family.  It's what we needed.  David had time off work.  Yay!  And school cut the MBA students some slack this week as well.  Double yay!
 
Since we don't get a lot of time these days to just be together as a family, it was nice to take the kids bowling the day before Thanksgiving.  We did a little shopping on Black Friday, but nothing too crazy.  David took the boys to the Crystal Bridges Trail for some exploring and got his bike in working order to ride around the neighborhood with the kids.  Caden is getting very good (and speedy) on the balance bike and is probably about ready to make a go at a bike with pedals.  Luke is speedy too and has pretty much outgrown his little bike.  I know what we will be buying come Spring, if not before.
 


 
I love Caden's side bowling.  He pretty much chucked the ball each time, try as we might to teach him the softer approach.  Those bowling lanes are sure made tough!
 
 
 
 
 Luke used the side approach as well, but there was less of a clunk with his throws.

 
 
 

Porter stuck to rolling the ball, with some help.

 
 
 

David beat us all.
Badly.

 
I got the kind of score I would have in elementary.  Hmm.  Maybe we need to bowl more. 
 
 
A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving David suggested we go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner, and I jumped on it!  With a new baby I just wasn't feeling up to preparing a big meal and was very excited to eat out.  We ate the Thanksgiving feast at the Texas Land and Cattle restaurant. Yum!  Our boys are not turkey eaters, if you can believe it, and had steak, which was yummy too!
 
 
Thankfully, our kids are typically pretty good out in public, Porter included, but on this day Porter was better than good.  He was an angel.  It wasn't until we got home that we discovered he had a fever.  David was starting to think he was growing up.  Nope, the fever just kept him mellowed out.  Needless to say, it was a very pleasant meal.  Something we probably wouldn't have achieved at home!

 
 

 
The Feast.
(minus the salad and bread)
 
 
 Ahh, I was sure sad to have to get back to normal life this morning.
 







1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we drug Sammie before we go out for that very reason. All options are considered!

    ReplyDelete