Luke
Kindergarten
2012-2013
Kindergarten
2012-2013
Luke is loving school. I am amazed at how quickly he is learning. He asked me the other day if he could write on our white board and, of course, I told him he could. A few minutes later he gave me a big hug and said, "Do you know what that's for?" I replied that I didn't. He said, "It's for letting me write on the board." Love this kid's excitement for learning. He ended up writing several of the sight words he has learned, his name, mom, and then this sentence, "The food hs to be in the bol" (the food has to be in the bowl). It made me laugh because David had been repeating the phrase "No food out of the bowl, that's the goal" at breakfast for the past several days (our boys have a tendency to dump dry cereal directly onto the table and then proceed to eat it like ill mannered hooligans).
Nice to know he is listening!
At Luke's school they have an assembly once a quarter where they give out awards. Last week Luke received the "Paw" award (the mascot is a bobcat) for "Good Character".
Way to be Luke! We love your character too!
With Luke's peanut allergy, one of the things David and I worried about with him starting school (besides him ingesting peanuts while not in our care!) was that he would eat alone every day. He sits at the "peanut free table" and there are no other children with a peanut allergy during his lunch. His teacher assigned kids to eat with him the first few days (I love that she was looking out for him). Since then he has talked about lunch and the people he eats with, so my fears subsided. Last week, I met with his teacher for Parent Teacher Conference and she told me, with no prompting, that she too was initially worried about Luke eating alone. She then proceeded to tell me that she shouldn't have worried because his classmates flock to his table at lunch time.
Warmed our hearts! What a sweet answer to a small prayer!

I had never heard of this peanut free table thing until today! Since our whole preschool is peanut free, I assumed that was how grade school was too. That sweet boy will have no problems getting kids to eat with him, I'm getting to know him more each week in primary and he really has the sweetest spirit.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet kid. I would give up peanut butter sandwiches to eat with him too :-). I remember eating lunch at school with you every day, Heb, and if I remember right you had a butter sandwich and string cheese. Every. Single. Day. Ah, the memories!
ReplyDelete