We live in a strange place. Okay, maybe it's not strange, just different than where I grew up. For instance, seeing dead Armadillos on the side of the freeway. Little guys like the one below. Deer...now that I am used to. Skunks too, of course. Armadillos...not so much. I had to do a double take with the first one I saw.
Sounds like snakes are common here as well. Not very excited about that little piece of information. We were told by our pest control guy, (not excited about the bugs and spiders either!) to place moth balls around our fence to keep them from coming into our yard. We've done that and are hoping it does the trick!

Today, the boys chanced upon a turtle in our backyard. They are common here too.
They thought it was so fun to find a turtle in their yard. Caden wanted to "check on him" frequently.
We finally went inside and a half hour later he was nowhere to be found.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
We found turtles like that daily while growing up in Missouri. We loved it as kids. Sometimes we would mark them with markers to see if the same turtle came back. I know, mean. What was really common was seeing them smashed all over the road. I hated seeing that. They just aren't fast enough to get across the road!
ReplyDelete