This morning, as Heather and I were getting ready for the day, I heard the pitter patter of feet running to the bathroom outside our bedroom door. It was Luke running, with his flashlight, to conduct his ceremonial morning ritual of relieving his bladder. When the ritual was completed, he snuck into our room to see his dad awaiting. He gave his hugs and expressed excitement for the weekend. He likes to talk a lot now but the following short discussion was my favorite from the morning. For background, our ward here in IL has a lot of Saturdays where we help people move in/out of the geography.
Dad: "Luke, Dad is going to help someone move today. Would you like to watch dad help people move?"
Luke: "Yes!!!!!!"
Luke quickly ran to our bathroom where his mom was doing her hair and screamed:
"Mom! I'm going to help someone!!!!"
Mom calmly responded: "Oh, cool."
Luke then ran to a middle ground where both mom and dad could hear and screamed even louder:
"I AM THE COOLEST PERSON EVER!!!!!".
OK. So maybe not a big deal but for me who is not home every day it's funny to hear the excited conversations of a three year old boy. We are now sitting down to breakfast and plan to discuss why it is so cool to help other people. We are going to try and help him understand humility sometime before preschool in September but we'll let him live it up right now. ;)
lol. I love it! He is so awesome.
ReplyDeleteWho moved? In or out? Lauren would agree that Luke is one of the coolest people ever!
ReplyDelete