Family

Family

April 14, 2010

It's a...

So, we had our ultrasound and we will be adding a third
BOY to our family! I have a friend who has made a vow
to post a "dirty little secret" every month or so on her
blog. Blogs often just show the "good side" of us all and
she decided she wanted to post the good stuff along with
reality. So, here I am posting one of my dirty little
secrets.

I was hoping for a little girl...

But alas, it is not to be. No pink frills, bows, blankets, or
clothes will find their way to our house. At least I didn't
peruse the girl isles at the store (before finding out the
gender). I actually did that during the last pregnancy as
I was just sure we were having a girl...much to my
dismay, it was a boy as well. I guess that's DLS #2.

My DLS #3 is that it has taken me a week and a half to
adjust to the reality of another boy. Yes, I am guilty.
I have felt like such a bad, bad mom.

I am now happy to report that my disappointment has
turned to gratitude and even excitement for the arrival
of this new baby boy. I LOVE MY BOYS!! We all look
forward to meeting this new one!


2 comments:

  1. Trust me when I say I understand completely. It took me a while to adjust to not ending with a little girl to dress up, but as time goes on and I have to deal with the "girly" fights on a daily basis with my older 2, I'm so glad to be having another rough-n-tumble boy! Someone told me (when I was expressing my same disappointment and guilt) that the Lord must have a great need for little boys to be born into good homes right now. We are raising the Army of God! Just look at it that way and, believe me, it makes things a whole lot easier. Congratulations Heb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post for some reason and i LOVE it! It's ok to want a girl and good for you for being excited to meet your boy anyway! I'm dying for a boy next and I'm getting this feeling that we'll be house full of girlies...sigh. We'll see. I like to hear your DTS by the way.

    ReplyDelete