back! The delay was a result of what David affectionately
calls "The Parasite." That parasite is located in the
picture below. He (or maybe she... but I'm not getting my
hopes up) has created lots of issues for mom. I know
there are some women who seem to love pregnancy... I
am so not one of them. There has been nausea, daily
throwing up, no energy, and absolute misery. I have
spent most of the last 3 months on my couch. Things
are finally starting to look up...still nauseated, but it's
minimal. Most importantly, there is no more puking!
Having my energy back would be nice, but it's coming,
slowly. All that sounds a lot like complaining so it must
be said that I am very grateful and feel very blessed to
be pregnant! Also, this is the earliest (I am 16 weeks)
I have ever started to feel better so I am doubly
grateful. I don't want to embarass David, but I have
to talk about him, at least a little. He's The Man!!
I haven't been able to make it through any
pregnancy without him, and this one is no different.
He has done everything I just couldn't do... weekly
grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, you name it. He
would get Luke up in the morning before leaving for
work, get him dressed, pottied, and fed (thankfully,
Caden would sleep for another precious hour!). He
even took the boys to church, by himself, which is
no small feat. I love you, David!

(Baby #3 at 8 weeks)
Unfortunately, the boys have spent a little too much time
in front of the TV these past few weeks. With a mom
who couldn't take care of them very well, there was only
so much independent playing they could handle. I am
done feeling guilty about it, I think. I guess I just felt
that my options were limited. What do you do?

(Luke doesn't usually sit this close to the TV...he likes the comfort of the couch).
Yet another by product of the parasite...Luke's room. It
quickly came to look like this and I just didn't have any
extra energy to help him clean up each evening, as is the
norm. At first I think he liked it, but that didn't last long.
He began asking me everyday to help him clean his
room, as the task was just too big for this 3 and a half
year old. He asked everyday for weeks.

(Before)
Luke was so excited the day I told him we were going to
clean his room. I have never seen him clean with such
enthusiasm. If only that could last. Here are the boys
playing in his clean room.

(After)
The best thing that happened over the last few weeks is
that Caden learned to walk. Wahoo! He cut it pretty
close, but better late than never! He is at such a fun
stage right how. His languge skills are developing and
I love hearing him try to talk. He has about 20
consistent words and then he points to everything
and tries to repeat what I say. The "words" that
come out are too cute. My favorite word of his is
walrus (he has a walrus book)...it comes out "wa - wee."
My least favorite word of his is "mine" and he's got the
pronunciation down on that one. Thanks Luke.
David spent some time playing with the Play-doh with
Luke. What a good daddy!

David also took Luke to the Auto Show (downtown
Chicago) in February. Here is Luke standing in front
of the new 2011 Honda Odyssey (the main car David
went to see since there is an addition coming to our family).
Luke, who is watching me type right now, just told me
he wants this car. Hmm....we'll see.

He was excited to see the police car, even though his
expression doesn't show it.

Luke has been complaining all week that he is cold...no
fat on those bones, I guess. He's been wearing his
"hoodie" all around the house, with the hood on. Caden,
who wants to do whatever Luke is doing, whined until
I put his jacket on and continued to whine until I put
the hood on. Then he was as happy as a clam.

The boys love this red chair. It was a great Christmas
gift. It sure has taken a beating too. I don't think Luke
has ever just sat down in the thing...he has to run and
jump into it. Such a boy!

Caden, just relaxing.
Good girl for posting through the nasua! Don't you dare feel one bit guilty for letting your boys watch more TV than normal. Get through this phase in one piece before you're beating yourself up about it. I'm glad they love their chair! They are favorites around this household also!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!! Oh the things we put ourselves through to get little ones onto this earth. I feel your pain. I am glad you are starting to get better. My poor mother threw up for the entire 9 months. I would only have one child if that was the case for me. I wish I lived close so that I could take your kids to give you an occasional break. My fingers are crossed for a girl...
ReplyDeleteGlad to see your semi-functioning again! Maybe you're feeling better because this time you gave in and said it's ok to just lay on the couch all day.
ReplyDeleteI'm on the opposite end now. No energy to unpack. I don't think I've unpacked a single thing in the past 3 days. Now that I'm down to 5 weeks, the panic is starting to set in.
Congrats!! What a great post! Don't worry about the TV. My kids also watched more than their fair share when I was preggers. And not only are they fine, but their teachers think they are so bright. I am sure your boys will be the same!
ReplyDeleteOh, Heather -- that is so miserable to be so sick. Blech! (literally.)
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with ya about disliking being pregnant. It's a necessary evil. Can't even imagine doing it 7 times like my mom. Crazy.
Thank goodness for good husbands! Eh? Matt really picks up the pieces for me when I'm pregnant too.
You'll have to let us all know when you find out what you're having!!!
So excited to hear about your pregnancy. So glad you are starting to feel better! I'm not liking pregnancy at all right now either, even though I'm not nauseated anymore! I have lovely varicose veins (and numerous other ailments I won't mention) to keep me miserable right now! Loved the stories/conversations about your boys! Kids say the darndest things!
ReplyDelete