I had a couple of conversations with Luke yesterday that I thought I'd write down. I love how little minds work.
Conversation #1 - Luke loves to look at baby/ultrasound pictures. He was looking at the 8 week ultrasound picture of baby #3 (pictured below in the last entry).
Me: "Luke, what is that?"
Luke: "That's the baby. He's all curled up. Is that his head?" (And no, we don't know the gender yet, we are all just calling the baby a "he" instead of an "it")
Me: "Yes, and there's his hand."
Luke: "Is that his shirt?" (While pointing to his body)
Me: "No, he doesn't have any clothes on. We'll put clothes on him when he comes out."
Luke: (Long pause...) "Does he poop in your belly?" (Who would have thought a 3 and a half year old would wonder about such things... good question, though)
Me: "No, not until he comes out." (Hopefully)
Luke: "We gotta get that baby out at the doctor!" (Hmm... maybe he thinks that's a long time to wait to go potty...who knows)
Conversation #2 - Later that day we went for a walk. Luke pointed something out on the sidewalk.
Luke: "Mom, is that poop."
Me: "Yes... it's goose poop." (We have lots of geese and ducks roaming around)
Luke: "They don't have a toilet?" (Again, good question)
Me: "Nope, the world is their toilet"
Silence from Luke. I always wonder what's going through his mind when he's not talking. He seems to be a "thinker."
Sorry that both those conversations included poop. So, here's a "poop free" comment from him today while I was putting on my makeup.
Luke: "Mom, that's looks like a scary dragon." (Oh, wonderful)
Luke has always been thoughtful and a deep thinker. :) I love that he asked 'is that his shirt?' Awesome observations!
ReplyDeletehahaha--Luke is so funny! I always wish I could hear what's going on in their heads as well. What cute boys you have!
ReplyDelete