This year Luke has verbalized his realization of the human experience called "the weekend". "The weekend" is the only time when dad is home all day and the family is together for an extended period of time. He loves weekends! Sometimes when David puts him to bed at night Luke will ask: "Dad is tomorrow the weekend?"
Knowing that Luke loves weekends so much the following conversation is another good motivation for Dad to figure out how to get a job with 4 day weekends or 5 hour work days. Today we go home from church meetings and enjoyed an afternoon snack. Gathered, eating as a family Luke began to expound on his love for being together as a family and then the following short conversation ensued between Luke and his dad:
Luke: "I don't ever want to lost you guys."
Dad (David): "Luke, how would you lose us?"
Luke: "Well... Dad. YOU WORK SOOOO LONG."
Point taken. Dad has to work less.
So what he's saying is that David's work is 'a parasite'? I have some little boys that can meet up with him for group therapy. :)
ReplyDeletelol. so great. Mia always asks me after I work all day if tomorrow is a 'no work day'? And then if I say yes, she immediatly wants to go to the mall right when she wakes up...I guess thats her idea of a good time.
ReplyDeleteThat is SO cute. What a smart boy!!! I am all for five day weekends!
ReplyDelete