Porter and Ryland also took swimming lessons this summer. Porter had taken lessons before, but this was Ryland's first experience. Porter had a blast in his class. He is a bit of a crazy swimmer...arms and legs can be all over the place, but he can get from one end of the pool to the other.
Ryland has absolutely no fear of water. He LOVED his class. While the teacher is out in the pool with one of the kids, there are two that are left on the platform. The teachers do an amazing job of keeping an eye on all of them, but I spent the first couple of weeks on the edge of my chair, ready to rescue Ryland as his lack of fear often got him into trouble. His teacher finally told me to relax, that he's got this, and that Ryland needed to learn a healthy respect for the water (by learning that he is not invincible). I did chill out, but this child never did develop that healthy respect. He simply didn't care if he came up choking and coughing. It is rather frightening. He is one I have to keep my eye on constantly while at the pool.
He has ear tubes and developed an ear infection from the pool water getting into his ear through the tube, so he is wearing a cute swim cap to hold his ear plugs in place.
Just as a side note, I go through a ton of sunscreen each summer. I am very vigilant about it, but I have to say it was so nice to have swimming lessons at an indoor pool where I didn't have to worry about applying it. Yay for indoor pools!
No comments:
Post a Comment