Luke and Caden both had an end of year music program in May. Luke's program was first and was titled, "A Musical Menu". It was all about food and a lot of fun. He was hoping for a speaking part (which didn't happen), but he enjoyed it anyway. We left feeling hungry and treated ourselves to some ice cream afterwards!
Here are all the second grade students.
Here are all the second grade students.
The music teacher had all the kids stay in their spots for a few minutes afterward so parents could come up close and take pictures of their kids. Luke is on the second row (first bleacher) on the end.
Here is a video clip of our favorite song of the night.
Caden's program was all about the letters of the alphabet and was super cute. I love his music teacher because she somehow brought this boy out of his little musical shell. Before this year, Caden has not liked to sing out loud in front of a crowd. He has had several opportunities at church to sing in front of the congregation, but he usually just stands there. When we would ask him why he didn't sing, he would say, "I was singing". We were perplexed. Over a year ago, I was reading a newspaper when Caden asked me, "Are you reading in your mind?" When I told him yes, he said, "I do that with singing". A conversation ensued where I discovered that this boy did not like to sing out loud because he feared being laughed at. I am pretty sure this stems from the first time he gave a talk in Primary at church. He was three and so cute that the kids laughed at his adorableness. He, being very sensitive, did not take it that way. I wasn't there to see it (I was home, "pregnant sick" on my couch), but he came home from church and told me everybody laughed at him and that he was not going to give a talk again. We eased him back in slowly with giving prayers and the scripture, and within a year he was back to speaking in church and always does a great job!
And on this night, he sung his heart out! I was beaming as I watched him sing and do the actions along with his classmates.
Here he is waving at us after walking onto the stage (right in the middle with the navy vest and tan pants).
A little video clip of these cute Kindergarteners.



No comments:
Post a Comment