Family

Family

May 21, 2015

Life made easier...

April brought my birthday.  I am a whopping 38!
 
 
But more importantly, this little gem came with it!  It's my new wheat grinder!  You have no idea how giddy I was when this beauty arrived on my doorstep.  I almost cried...or maybe my eyes did water just a little.
 
 
 
I have been saving my pennies (quite the expensive little thing).  Birthday money from my parents topped it off so I could make the purchase.  I can't tell you how much I love her.  She is the Fidibus Classic, from Germany, but I named her Nora.
 
I grind a lot of wheat at my house.  With the health condition I have, if I want bread, rolls, bagels, hamburger buns, bread sticks, pizza dough, etc., I have to make it myself.  I had a wheat grinder before Nora, but I spent a lot of time cleaning her.  Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when I spend so much of my time in the kitchen to begin with, the cleaning of the last one was wearing on me.  Driving me crazy, more like.  To avoid the cleaning, I was grinding large amounts of wheat and storing it in my freezer (which is limited on space to begin with).  Wheat is an interesting thing...if stored properly it can last for 30 years, but once it is ground it begins to gradually lose it's nutritional value right off the bat.  Storing it in the freezer helps, but it will still continue to lose its value.
 
Nora is virtually maintenance free.  She sits on my counter all the time (no pulling her in and out of a tight cupboard).  When I want to make bread, I grind my wheat in the moment.  No storing it.  She is quieter than my last one (still loud, but I probably don't need ear plugs with this one).  After grinding, there is no layer of flour on my counter to clean up (only flour in the bowl).  And she grinds wheat into beautifully fine flour (or coarse, if wanted).  Did I tell you how much I love her!?!




No comments:

Post a Comment