Porter's preschool had a field trip at the end of April to a local dairy farm. I was able to come as a chaperone and bring my little tag-a-long (Ry). Porter was ecstatic to go on his first field trip.
It was so much fun to be there with Porter. He wanted to sit with his friends on the bus and I loved the opportunity to be a fly on the wall and watch him interact with his classmates (I always wonder what my kids are like away from home). He sat with 2 girls and they talked non-stop together.
Ryland's first bus ride. I forgot how bumpy the ride can be.
Checking out the cows.
Baby cows.
We all got to take a turn milking a cow. Ryland was first up, but opted to just touch the cow. The adult men chaperones had a little trouble getting the hang of it. When it was my turn, I didn't seem to have any trouble and the female farmer looked at me knowingly and said, 'We've had a little more practice." Ha! Isn't that the truth.
Porter was able to bottle feed a baby goat.
Feed the bigger goats.
And hold a baby chick.
I think I loved the field trip just as much as the kids. I drive past these farms every day and I enjoyed learning more about a farmer's work.
Having littles at home makes it difficult to help out in my kids' classrooms, activities, and field trips. While I am not looking forward to having all of my kids in school, I am looking forward to the opportunity it will afford me to be more involved at school with my children. This trip with Porter was so much fun and I wish I could do it more often!
Having littles at home makes it difficult to help out in my kids' classrooms, activities, and field trips. While I am not looking forward to having all of my kids in school, I am looking forward to the opportunity it will afford me to be more involved at school with my children. This trip with Porter was so much fun and I wish I could do it more often!
------------------------------
Porter had 2 more class days after the field trip and was then off for the summer! In his last evaluation his teacher said this about him:
"Porter has really improved on his writing/printing skills since our last evaluation back in October! He is doing awesome! I am not worried at all.
He is quite independent, but knows when to ask for help. Always tries things himself before asking! He has become really good friends with the kids in class (old & new class). I will miss him so much!!"








No comments:
Post a Comment