Family

Family

October 14, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

Since we haven't had a temple close to our home for a few years, temple days are a family affair.  David and I take turns doing a session and the boys get a chance to do something fun.
 
Each time as one of us is being dropped off at the temple, one or more of the boys will typically say, while looking at the temple, "I wish I could see the inside of the temple."  We explain that someday they will and we talk about how great it will be, but it is never quite good enough.  Well, our last weekend in Utah just happened to be the first weekend of the Ogden Temple Open House.  So we went!!
 
When I told the boys we were going to be able to see the inside of the Ogden Temple, this was Luke's response:
 
Luke:  No way!!
Mom:  Yes, way!
Luke:  No way!!
Mom:  Yes, way!
Luke:  No way!!
Mom:  Yes, way.  You really get to see the inside of a temple.
Luke:  That's awesome.
 
It was so fun to see our boys excited to see the inside of a temple, especially Luke who was so close baptism.
 
The Ogden temple was originally dedicated in January of 1972.
This is what it looked like then.

Ogden Utah Mormon Temple
 
The temple was renovated and rededicated in September 2014.
This is what it looks like now.  It is gorgeous.
 
 
It had been a long time since I went through an open house and it was wonderful to be able to do it again.  Afterward, we asked the boys what room was their favorite. Luke immediately responded with, "The bright one."  Ahh...the Celestial Room.  The other boys agreed.  I have been in many celestial rooms, but standing in one with the whole of my little family was really pretty amazing.  The Spirit touched my heart in that room and I left with my eyes brimming with tears.  I am so glad these boys felt the Spirit in that room too.
 
We were able to attend the open house with David's sister, Jaime', and her 3 boys.
 

 
The sun was very bright that day.

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment