Family

Family

June 10, 2014

School is Out

School is finally out!
School in Wisconsin typically lets out in June, but with make-up days (due to severe cold this winter), school went through today!  I have been looking forward to un-scheduled days for the past few weeks.  So glad they are here. 
 
Let Summer Begin!

These are the kids who are outside my house every morning waiting for the school bus (in the winter they are inside my house).

Luke, Kale, Ava, Porter, Caden & Carver.
 
Getting on the bus one last time.
Porter waits in line too, even though he doesn't get on the bus.

 
Every day Porter wears his backpack in the morning.
 
Every day he waits for the bus and plays with the neighbors.
 
Every day he waves goodbye to the bus driver.

 
This boy is registered for preschool in the Fall, and he can hardly wait!

 
Caden's last time getting off the 4K (preschool) bus until Kindergarten begins.
 
 
Last year Luke was so disappointed he couldn't go to school ALL summer.  This year, he still loves school, but has come to understand the value of summer break.  He just walked off the bus and is ready for some fun!
 
 
Now that school is out I feel like it is really summer, but I can't let spring pass without a few words about it.  It has been amazing.  I don't know if spring in Wisconsin is always this lovely, but it has been wonderful.  There have been some chillier than normal days, and of course, rain, but mostly the spring weather has been heavenly.  This past winter was one of the coldest on record in Wisconsin and the 4th snowiest on record.  We were really ready for spring.  We have been outside as much as possible, even when it was on the chilly side.  We have worked in the yard...too much.  We have been on bikes, scooters, wagons, and lots of other toys with wheels.  We have discovered there are a lot of rocks in our yard (and are pondering how to get rid of them).  We have already applied a lot of sunscreen.  We have gotten wet in the sprinklers and the slip 'n slide.  We have been in sand and dirt and more sand (it's all over our house too).  Spring has been good to us.  Everywhere I look it is green.  The crops are beginning to grow...I didn't know I would come to love corn fields so much.  As I drive around this beautiful place, I find myself loving it here (despite the nasty winters).

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Happy school is finally out and happy you have enjoyed Spring so much. I hope that means you felt good enough to enjoy it also! Excited to see you guys next month!

    ReplyDelete