With no family around, Thanksgiving is typically pretty quiet at our house.
This year was different. My mom, dad, and sister, Tiffany, came to visit!
It was the BEST Thanksgiving we have had in years!!
We went shopping, watched movies, talked a lot, ate a lot, and even found some time to do a little painting.
The Spread.
Kiddie Bar.
We had one little mishap...a clogged kitchen sink.
Darn those potato peels!
Thanksgiving meal clean-up is a little difficult without a sink.
After plunging didn't work, my dad had to open it up from the bottom.
And then...back in business.
A little post-Thanksgiving meal lounging.
Before Thanksgiving, we all painted the front room.
I have been itching to paint this room since we moved in. I don't like blue. Weird, I know, but there is something about "winter colors" that rub me wrong. My favorite room in our house is the office...it is yellow. It makes me happy. I wanted to brighten this room up, so that is what we did!
If you can believe it, this was my first time painting! So glad I had the professionals (my mom and dad) to show me the ropes. Now I want to paint our whole house!!
I can now say, I love this room!
This area above the fireplace has also bugged me. It was another winter color...gray.
Now it is not!
While my family was here, it was FREEZING! Well, technically, it was below freezing. :( My parents braved the weather for a quick (very quick) picture (the pond behind them is frozen over). Our neighbors tell us that this is nothing (they called it "warm") and that it will soon be -20 degrees.
I find myself asking, "Where did we move to!?!"
Thank goodness for this lovely lady, Tiffany!
Sisters and best friends.
I was so sad to see my family go!
So were the kids. The day they left, RyPie sat quietly in Tiffy's lap for at least a half hour. Such a sweetie! Porter has let me know several times how sad he is that grandpa, grandma, and Tiffy had to leave. I had to laugh when he specifically asked if Tiffy could come back...with her iPad and iPhone (which she let the boys watch movies on and play games on). He cracks me up.












No comments:
Post a Comment