Caden's Birthday was second in line.
He is FIVE!
The Stats
Height: 42 in. (30th Percentile)
Weight: 36 lbs. (16th Percentile)
The Stats
Height: 42 in. (30th Percentile)
Weight: 36 lbs. (16th Percentile)
This boy is sensitive and thoughtful.
He has started saying the sweetest prayers where he asks for something specific and usually needed for each family member. My two favorites of late are, "I am thankful for Luke that he will not be scared when school starts" and "I am thankful for dad that he can go to work and buy money."
Loves riding bikes in the neighborhood with his brothers and neighbors.
Wakes up a little grumpy (and doesn't want anyone to talk to him), but warms up quickly after those first few minutes.
Will have one more year of preschool before entering kindergarten.
Gets to ride the bus to preschool. And to top it off, he gets to ride with Luke in the morning!
His most commonly used phrase is, "What can I do now?"
Is always hungry.
Gets to ride the bus to preschool. And to top it off, he gets to ride with Luke in the morning!
His most commonly used phrase is, "What can I do now?"
Is always hungry.
Is best friends with his brother Luke.
Our favorite quote of the week was when Caden said, "I don't want to be a dad. Do you know why?" When asked why, he responded with, "Because I have to work and I don't like to work."
David and I couldn't help the laughter that escaped our lips. Not only because the statement was true, but because he, at 5, already recognizes this about himself.
---------------------------------------
Part of Caden's birthday fun included a visit to the Madison Children's Museum.
Our favorite quote of the week was when Caden said, "I don't want to be a dad. Do you know why?" When asked why, he responded with, "Because I have to work and I don't like to work."
David and I couldn't help the laughter that escaped our lips. Not only because the statement was true, but because he, at 5, already recognizes this about himself.
---------------------------------------
Part of Caden's birthday fun included a visit to the Madison Children's Museum.
Hamster Wheel.
Gift Opening.
Remote control helicopter.
A little water balloon action!
The balloons were gone in a flash, at which time the boys whipped out the hose.
Hope he made a good wish.
Well Child Visit.
This boy is a picky eater. When the doctor asked about his vegetable intake and was told it was nil, she had a little chat with Caden. She asked him to try one new vegetable a week because "as you grow, your tastes can change."
A few days later at dinner, Caden said to me, "I am going to try my chicken tonight because did you know that your tastes can change?" (I wanted to say, "How many times have I told you that?" But didn't). He never eats more than a bite or two, but this night he ate all his chicken! And liked it too!
And a day or two after that (while eating a jelly sandwich at lunch) I heard him say to Luke, "Do you like jelly?" Luke responded with a "no." Caden then said, "Well maybe you should try it again because your tastes can change."
Funny that it took the doctor to make an impression on this boy.
Surely not his mom or dad!







No comments:
Post a Comment