I am a bit behind on my blogging and am trying to play catch-up. Life has been crazy since our move at the beginning of June.
Our drive from Arkansas to Wisconsin was slightly scary. We headed out of Arkansas around 4pm on May 31st (after the movers left the house). I was in the van (with the kids) following David to St. Louis, Missouri. The weather was beautiful, but we had heard from our movers that severe weather (with tornado potential) could be headed the direction we were traveling. Then we heard that it had passed over. We checked the weather before leaving and all seemed fine, although we were aware (from previous experience) how quickly things can change in that part of the country.
The first 3 hours (of the 5 hour trip) were gorgeous. I was beginning to think those weather guys really had got it wrong this time. Then I saw those low, dark, nasty clouds off in the distance. My heart sunk. Then the lightening started. No rain, just crazy lighting that lasted an hour. That is often how it all begins. When the torrential rain began with 1 hour to go, I was a little on edge, to say the least, (and wishing that we were all in the same car with David driving!). We all pulled off the road, said a heartfelt prayer, and made the decision to continue. Thankfully, we made it safely to our hotel that night. I have never been more grateful that David is an amazing lead driver. As hard as it was to see, I followed those red tail lights in front of me and they (along with some help from above) lead us safely to our hotel.
Our second day was gorgeous the whole way. It almost made up for the horrible drive the day before. Almost.
We spent the next 4 nights in a hotel in Madison, waiting for our stuff to arrive. We went a little stir-crazy, but I am grateful that it was only 4 days (which is a quick relocation hotel stay when buying a home is involved). We closed on our home on one of those days and had our new house cleaned on another.
----------------------------
Getting ready for bed at the hotel in Madison.
Our drive from Arkansas to Wisconsin was slightly scary. We headed out of Arkansas around 4pm on May 31st (after the movers left the house). I was in the van (with the kids) following David to St. Louis, Missouri. The weather was beautiful, but we had heard from our movers that severe weather (with tornado potential) could be headed the direction we were traveling. Then we heard that it had passed over. We checked the weather before leaving and all seemed fine, although we were aware (from previous experience) how quickly things can change in that part of the country.
The first 3 hours (of the 5 hour trip) were gorgeous. I was beginning to think those weather guys really had got it wrong this time. Then I saw those low, dark, nasty clouds off in the distance. My heart sunk. Then the lightening started. No rain, just crazy lighting that lasted an hour. That is often how it all begins. When the torrential rain began with 1 hour to go, I was a little on edge, to say the least, (and wishing that we were all in the same car with David driving!). We all pulled off the road, said a heartfelt prayer, and made the decision to continue. Thankfully, we made it safely to our hotel that night. I have never been more grateful that David is an amazing lead driver. As hard as it was to see, I followed those red tail lights in front of me and they (along with some help from above) lead us safely to our hotel.
Our second day was gorgeous the whole way. It almost made up for the horrible drive the day before. Almost.
We spent the next 4 nights in a hotel in Madison, waiting for our stuff to arrive. We went a little stir-crazy, but I am grateful that it was only 4 days (which is a quick relocation hotel stay when buying a home is involved). We closed on our home on one of those days and had our new house cleaned on another.
----------------------------
Getting ready for bed at the hotel in Madison.
Keeping themselves entertained with trains.
Ryland loved the feel of Porter's sleeping bag.
On one of the days in the hotel we went to Olbrich Botanical Gardens.
Porter liked the waterfall.
Watching the hundreds of tadpoles.
Moving day did come.
It was awesome weather for moving in...rain, rain, rain. :(
What our kitchen looked like after a good portion of the kitchen stuff was unpacked.
Oh, how I hate unpacking.









No comments:
Post a Comment