I love things about every place we have lived. I love looking back and remembering my first impressions. I love thinking about the things that make each place unique. They have all captured a part of me, even if some more than others.


Utah
You are where I grew up. Where I spent 28 years of my life. When I think of you, I think of mountains. Amazingly beautiful mountains. I think of family. I think of childhood memories. I think of David, as this is the place where I met my best friend and companion.
When I think of you, I think of home.

When I think of you, I think of home.
Colorado
Oh, Colorado. You were my first move and my initial adjustment was hard. But, oh how I came to love you. If there were a job welcoming us, I would move back in. an. instant. When I think of you, I think of sunshine. Never-ending sunshine. I also think of rabbits. Your rabbits greeted me just about every day when I walked out my front door. I love your prairies and your mountains. I think of my sweet Luke, as this is where I became a mother.


Illinois
I think of your great food. I think of squirrels. Colorado has rabbits. Illinois, you have squirrels that greeted our family on a daily basis. I think of your great schools and parks. And, of course, I think of the next two additions to our family, Caden and Porter, as this is their birth place.


Arkansas
We have just left you, but I miss you already. Even though it was night when I first set eyes on you, I was bursting with excitement and knew in my heart that I was going to love you. And love you, I did. When I think of you, I think of good people and family friendliness. I think of David's happiness at his work place. I will not be able to think of you and not think of the place where David finished grad school! I think of farms with cattle, horses, and donkeys. I think of churches, of all denominations, on every corner. I think of Ryland, as this is where our caboose entered the family.

Wisconsin
I hardly know you, but I think I am going to like you. When I saw you for the first time, I saw fields upon fields ready to be planted and imagined what the corn and grain would look like. It was beautiful. I already think of wild turkeys as I saw so many of them wandering your empty fields. You will be remembered as the place we purchased our first home. There will be no new baby that calls you their birth place, but you are the beginning of a new adventure in this next phase of our lives.
We have just left you, but I miss you already. Even though it was night when I first set eyes on you, I was bursting with excitement and knew in my heart that I was going to love you. And love you, I did. When I think of you, I think of good people and family friendliness. I think of David's happiness at his work place. I will not be able to think of you and not think of the place where David finished grad school! I think of farms with cattle, horses, and donkeys. I think of churches, of all denominations, on every corner. I think of Ryland, as this is where our caboose entered the family.

Wisconsin
I hardly know you, but I think I am going to like you. When I saw you for the first time, I saw fields upon fields ready to be planted and imagined what the corn and grain would look like. It was beautiful. I already think of wild turkeys as I saw so many of them wandering your empty fields. You will be remembered as the place we purchased our first home. There will be no new baby that calls you their birth place, but you are the beginning of a new adventure in this next phase of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment