We are moving!
Come June (or maybe July), Madison, WI will be our new home!

Downtown Madison is located between two lakes. Below is the site of David's, soon to be, work place.
Here is a 6.5 minute video about Madison for those who may be interested...like the grandparents. :-)
The boys just wanted to move to a place where they could make snow angels.
They sure got their wish!
Come June (or maybe July), Madison, WI will be our new home!

Downtown Madison is located between two lakes. Below is the site of David's, soon to be, work place.
Here is a 6.5 minute video about Madison for those who may be interested...like the grandparents. :-)
The boys just wanted to move to a place where they could make snow angels.
They sure got their wish!
Arkansas has been good to our family. We have loved living here and are sad to be leaving. My heart aches as I think about it. And, strangely, as I say that, I am excited too. This family is up for another adventure and another area to fall in love with.
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
Here are a few things we are going to miss about Northwest Arkansas.
Southern hospitality.
It really does exist. The people here are amazing. They have been a great example to me and I hope I can take with me even just a small portion of their goodness.
It really does exist. The people here are amazing. They have been a great example to me and I hope I can take with me even just a small portion of their goodness.
Winter Weather.
I can't get enough of the winter in Arkansas. I am not saying it is warm. It can be quite cold at times, but is interspersed with days here and there in the 40's or, if we are lucky, in the 50's. Gives the boys a chance to get out of the house and run off some energy. And there is very little snow. Love it.
The friends we have made.
Many of our friends here are mobile, like us, and have already moved on. Others we will be leaving behind.
Our Ward (church congregation).
I have loved our ward here. There are lots of families in similar circumstances as us and it has been refreshing.
Proximity to Everything.
I love that all I want or need is right here, so close to my home. I don't want for a thing.
Living 5 minutes from David's work.
Need I say more!
Laid back culture.
This was made clear very early on, but maybe that is because we had just come from Chicago, which is much more fast paced. Seems like everyone is in a hurry in Chicago. Not so here. Rush hour is an hour later here and I like that the boys get to see their dad in the morning (and that David has the time to take Luke to school on his way to work!).
Not a lot of Traffic.
Again, this is probably magnified by us coming from Chicago, where you can't get away from the traffic. When we first moved here, I heard a lady refer to the traffic here as, "Little, Big Town Traffic" (meaning a lot of traffic for such a small town), but it has never felt that way to me. I have rarely been "stuck" in traffic anywhere here.
Here is a 2 minute video of what we are leaving. David got to provide feedback on the production of this video while working with the community group that produced it. If you have never heard of Northwest Arkansas...it's a great place!
-------------------------------------
There are always downsides to any place and to make myself feel better about leaving, here are a few things that I won't miss...
Air travel.
So hard to get out of here. No one-way flights...to anywhere. And very costly. Love our small airport, though! It is pretty awesome to be able to walk right out the front doors (of the single terminal) and into the parking lot to your car.
Weeds in the winter.
The weather turns cold and the grass turns brown, but the weeds come out to play. Weeds grow up through the brown grass. Weeds grow in the flower beds. I don't get it. One should not have to weed when it is 30 degrees (or below) outside.
Blazing hot and humid summers.
I love to get outside with the kids in the summer, but come June, July, August, and part of September it is nearly impossible.
Tornado Warnings.
Not going to miss those!
Health Care.
Not much of a selection when it comes to doctors. I like choices.
Our Ward (church congregation).
I have loved our ward here. There are lots of families in similar circumstances as us and it has been refreshing.
Proximity to Everything.
I love that all I want or need is right here, so close to my home. I don't want for a thing.
Living 5 minutes from David's work.
Need I say more!
Laid back culture.
This was made clear very early on, but maybe that is because we had just come from Chicago, which is much more fast paced. Seems like everyone is in a hurry in Chicago. Not so here. Rush hour is an hour later here and I like that the boys get to see their dad in the morning (and that David has the time to take Luke to school on his way to work!).
Not a lot of Traffic.
Again, this is probably magnified by us coming from Chicago, where you can't get away from the traffic. When we first moved here, I heard a lady refer to the traffic here as, "Little, Big Town Traffic" (meaning a lot of traffic for such a small town), but it has never felt that way to me. I have rarely been "stuck" in traffic anywhere here.
Here is a 2 minute video of what we are leaving. David got to provide feedback on the production of this video while working with the community group that produced it. If you have never heard of Northwest Arkansas...it's a great place!
-------------------------------------
There are always downsides to any place and to make myself feel better about leaving, here are a few things that I won't miss...
Air travel.
So hard to get out of here. No one-way flights...to anywhere. And very costly. Love our small airport, though! It is pretty awesome to be able to walk right out the front doors (of the single terminal) and into the parking lot to your car.
Weeds in the winter.
The weather turns cold and the grass turns brown, but the weeds come out to play. Weeds grow up through the brown grass. Weeds grow in the flower beds. I don't get it. One should not have to weed when it is 30 degrees (or below) outside.
Blazing hot and humid summers.
I love to get outside with the kids in the summer, but come June, July, August, and part of September it is nearly impossible.
Tornado Warnings.
Not going to miss those!
Health Care.
Not much of a selection when it comes to doctors. I like choices.
Wisconsin here we come.
We look forward to all you have to offer!
Congratulations! Love that you'll be that much closer. Too bad we never made it down to see you in AK, but now you'll be back in our temple district!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Love that you'll be that much closer. Too bad we never made it down to see you in AK, but now you'll be back in our temple district!
ReplyDeleteI have clearly not kept up with your moves! Good luck in WI!
ReplyDelete