Family

Family

March 27, 2013

What a Cutie!

Caden
4.5 years old

 
 
Caden is so enjoyable to be around.  The school cut-off here in Arkansas is August 1st and since this boy has an August birthday he won't be going to school in the fall.  Even if we were to move before then (and end up with a September 1st deadline), we will still put him in another year of pre-school instead of starting kindergarten.  I am so glad I have another year with him before school takes over his life.
 
This boy talks a lot.  I can always count on him to tell me about his day.  He is very expressive with his face, tone of voice, and hands. I love to watch him as he talks.
 
He has such a sweet smile.  And a laugh that is infectious.
 
He can be shy at times...like when he has to give his preschool teacher something and begs me to come with him.  And not so much at other times.  We recently had new neighbors move in and Caden was not the least bit shy about including the daughter in our outside activities from day one.

Loves when it is a preschool day.  He has come a long way this year in preschool and loves practicing writing his letters.  He is working on his name.  He can write it if he is told what letter comes next.

Loves to create things.  His favorite part of preschool is project time, unless it requires him to get messy.  No paper mache for this one.

When he wakes up in the morning, he loves to tell us about his dreams.  I don't know if he really has so many dreams or if it's just his great imagination at work.

Has been in Primary for over a year and never sings during singing time.  He hasn't even liked to sing with us, in the privacy of our home, until last week.  He surprised us all when he whipped out the ukulele and sang, "I am a Child of God" to us several times (after first practicing in his room).

Loves his Hip Hop dance class.  He frequently comes to me and says, "Mom, this is a dance move."  He then proceeds to show me some great move he's learned.
 
David typically takes Luke to school in the morning (unless he is out of town) and while I am getting ready I love hearing the talking and oftentimes, laughter, between Luke and Caden before school.  My favorite morning interaction is when Luke is headed out the garage door to the car and Caden shouts at the top of his lungs, "Bye Luke!  Love ya!"  This daily good-bye shout is often proceeded by a big hug (or a tackle).

I love this age and am not ready for this boy to grow up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment