I know I am a day late, but I still wanted to say,
Happy Father's Day!
What a blessing to have David as the father in our home!
The boys can't get enough of their dad. Before I went out of town (more on that later), I asked Luke and Caden to tell me their favorite thing about dad and they both responded, "that he likes me." Porter's first order of business in the morning is to run and give his dad a hug. I love that our children know that they have a dad who loves them.
Happy Father's Day!
What a blessing to have David as the father in our home!
The boys can't get enough of their dad. Before I went out of town (more on that later), I asked Luke and Caden to tell me their favorite thing about dad and they both responded, "that he likes me." Porter's first order of business in the morning is to run and give his dad a hug. I love that our children know that they have a dad who loves them.
Despite what David has said in the last 3 posts, not only was he a good dad on days 1-2 of my trip away, but also days 3-4. The boys haven't stopped talking about how much fun they had with their dad while I was gone.
David and I decided, early in our marriage, that we wanted to write letters to each other. I was looking through those letters recently and found one where I was pouring out my fears of motherhood to my husband of 7 months. I have always wanted to be a mom, but I began having this overwhelming fear that I wouldn't be a good one. In that letter, I wrote to David, "One thing I have never feared is how wonderful a father you will be. Your children will love you for your goodness, your heart, your laughter, your smile, your goofiness, your determination, your drive to work hard, your ability to forgive, your desire to spend time with your family, your ability to understand, and your immense capacity to love."
And those are just a few of the reasons why we love the dad in our home.
David and I decided, early in our marriage, that we wanted to write letters to each other. I was looking through those letters recently and found one where I was pouring out my fears of motherhood to my husband of 7 months. I have always wanted to be a mom, but I began having this overwhelming fear that I wouldn't be a good one. In that letter, I wrote to David, "One thing I have never feared is how wonderful a father you will be. Your children will love you for your goodness, your heart, your laughter, your smile, your goofiness, your determination, your drive to work hard, your ability to forgive, your desire to spend time with your family, your ability to understand, and your immense capacity to love."
And those are just a few of the reasons why we love the dad in our home.
This is Luke's preschool questionnaire about his dad.
After picking him up from preschool, I glanced at this paper while he was getting situated in the back of the van. I laughed out loud when I saw David's age. I know Luke knows his dad's age and was curious about his answer. As we drove home I couldn't help but ask.
Mom: Hey Luke, how old is dad?
Luke (who apparently knew why I was asking): Miss Cindy said I could pick any number I wanted.
Mom (laughing again): What number did you pick?
Luke: 20.
Mom: How old is he really?
Luke: 35.
(Love this kid! Love his dad!)
No comments:
Post a Comment